George Peat: always a certainty to string 'em up

I could've put money on the buffoon George Peat wading in feet first to to the Ferguson/McGregor saga and wanting them hauled over the coals, depsite the matter being officially closed by Smith and Burley.

Peat is an amatuer in a professional world and epitomises the low standards that prevail at the SFA.

How long will this drag on for and how long will Rangers have to deal with the fall out??

Rangers should now act and tell the SFA in no uncertain terms the matter is closed.

I could've put money on the buffoon George Peat wading in feet first to to the Ferguson/McGregor saga and wanting them hauled over the coals, depsite the matter being officially closed by Smith and Burley.

Peat is an amatuer in a professional world and epitomises the low standards that prevail at the SFA.

How long will this drag on for and how long will Rangers have to deal with the fall out??

Rangers should now act and tell the SFA in no uncertain terms the matter is closed.

I watched that documentary about Gordon smith and peat looked like the type of fud who was the chairman of the golf club or local bowls club and took himself far too seriously

Hopelessly out of his depth

As for Rangers acting I imagine Smith will say the matter is closed at today’s press conference.

Although I agree with the sentiments of your comments for me Ferguson & McGregor should be dropped from Rangers first team and shown the door as soon as possible.

This is no knee-jerk reaction but more a fan who can't believe these fuds can continue to embarrass our club without being disciplined.

To think of all the wonderful captains we have had at Ibrox and we now have a petulent kid.

Although I agree with the sentiments of your comments for me Ferguson & McGregor should be dropped from Rangers first team and shown the door as soon as possible.

This is no knee-jerk reaction but more a fan who can't believe these fuds can continue to embarrass our club without being disciplined.

To think of all the wonderful captains we have had at Ibrox and we now have a petulent kid.

Sorry but i really cant fathom how people can come out with stuff like this.

They made a mistake, they did the right thing and apologised and they took the punishment even if i don't agree with it, so what is the big deal ?

You would thinking both of them had committed murder with the way some are going on <cr>

I don't get this approach that all rangers players have been whiter than white, as I'm sure theres been more than a few players who have been involved in worse shenanigans than going on the bevy, the only reason is that its always been dealt in house and thankfully we've never seemed to have problems with "dressing room moles" like the other mob have.

Guest therabbitt

I agree that they should both be dropped for Sunday, but I'm torn on whether they should be shown the door.

My judgement is being clouded already for a couple of reasons. I've felt for a while (as have many others) that we are a much better side without Ferguson and that he isn't going to be just isn't going to be benched based on performances, this could mean he drops out the team for Sunday and might hasten his exit from the club; which is my eyes is a good thing for progression.

However convexly, I love McGregor as a keeper and firmly believe he should be the goalie for the rest of his career at Ibrox, he has all the talent to be a really great club servant. Again though, he's probably our most saleable asset.

So I'm torn on the issue. I'd love Barry to go. I think his time at Rangers should have been drawing to a close anyway, so this could mean an opportunity to "get shot". I'd love Allan to stay.

I do think that both will play on Sunday though...

Peat is more interested in his own media profile than addressing the many problems evident in our game.

Exactly! He should be sorting out the problems, not becoming one himself! Self indulgent prick!!!