Grandad.

Well basically, my Grandad played for Rangers at the same time as Alex Ferguson and such. I have pictures of him and my grandad, and I have snippets from newspapers of his career. He passed away when I was about 2-3, but despite my uncle and dad trying to get into contact with him and inviting him to the funeral, he never appeared, nor did he even respond to the letters and phonecalls.

People at Rangers were also contacted for the funeral but they did respond to letters and phonecalls, and sent out some old guy who noone had ever heard of - Quite nasty. So I've spent the best part of two weeks trying to get some contact information for SAF, but each time the response has been the same basically;

Dear Scott

Thank you for your email. You can write to Sir Alex Ferguson at the enclosed address. Please bear in mind he will shortly be away for the summer break:

The Manager's Office

Manchester United Football Club

Trafford Training Centre

Birch Road

Carrington

Manchester

M31 4BH

Kind Regards

Julie

Customer Care Team

Manchester United Limited

So I've been tasked by the family to write a letter to SAF and send it off, in hope of a response. I've no clue what to write, and no idea what kind of response I want.

Just thought you'd all like to know. :gerbad:

Robert/Bobby Mitchell; Signed from Copland Rangers on a provisional at first. Rangers released him one year into his provisional.

He joined Glencairn Juniors and went on to become the club captain.

Was signed again by Rangers from Glencairn.

Never played first team I don't think :(

Played as a Scotland B international and earned 3 caps.

Was farmed out a helluva lot :(

Played reserve football for Rangers FC until his retirement.

Thats my Granda :(

Pictures;

090614180232.jpg

090614180403.jpg

090614181150.jpg

090614181405.jpg

090614181515.jpg

Second pictures hard to make out, Plus sorry bout the size <cr>

Picture two reads;

Mr. Symon told me: "Nearly all the players will be full-timers. But on Tuesday I hope to try out two of our provisionally signed youngsters, Mitchell (Copland Rangers) and McPheat (Pollok)" The 17 year old Mitchell is a right-half, McPheat a centre-half.