Eve Online

McBoyd

Anyone here play this? What's it like? It looks like two old games i used to love, Wing Commander and Frontier Elite!

A bloke at work last night was talking about it, i really didn't expect he was the type to sit and play it :lol: but he has been playing it for 2-3 years now, and said he and his brother constantly talk to eachother every night over headsets whilst on the game, and recently both of them stole about 20 spaceships from a clan of people's hanger on some planet they are on or something, and then in real life, sold the files for the ships to some guy for money :lol:

He said his character on the game is worth about £600 real money, and apparently people do pay for characters with experience, ships and online money, crazy!

Anyway, i just thought it sounded interesting because it reminded me of the two old games above.

What's it actually like though?

It sounds like your sort of game ya bawbag

p.s there was a thread on this but obviously went past the second page into space

I remember one, but i search functioned it and nothing came up, so sod it :pipe:

p.s there was a thread on this but obviously went past the second page into space

I remember one, but i search functioned it and nothing came up, so sod it :pipe:

It's stupid that the entertainment section only gets 2 pages.

It doesn't, if you click "From the beginning" you'll see the last 40 odd pages :lol:

I play eve online. Best MMO out there imo and it looks amazing.

It's a very hard game to get into. This really isn't a game to pick up and play and dump it down for a few weeks/months/years.

Easily the best game i've ever played. The Player versus Player aspect of the game is incredible and it's the reason i'm still hooked two years on. You think you get a buzz of shooting people in the face in COD 4. Wait till you actually kill someone in eve :)

It will take a good while to get into but it's worth it. I only play during the weeknights so it doesn't take up any of my RL.

MMOs have got a load of bad press because of WOW. I've met some of the most interesting people through this game, doctors, firemen, scientist and so on. People i wouldn't really get to know that well within my everyday life.

20090319230506.jpg

20090413133027.jpg

It doesn't, if you click "From the beginning" you'll see the last 40 odd pages :lol:

I just went to the bottom and noticed that it had a setting of only showing the last 30 days but this is the only section that had it :lol:

plus i did a search and found it in about 10 15 secs

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;hl=eve+online

I downloaded the trial, and thought i'd give it a go! Not bad actually, reminds me quite a bit of the games i stated above, i just killed my first person and looted their ship too :craphead:

:pics: ...

Picture1.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

Picture5.png

Was there not a huge story in the news a few months ago when a couple of guys shafted their 'gang' (who happened to be the biggest) and left their security down etc?

Was there not a huge story in the news a few months ago when a couple of guys shafted their 'gang' (who happened to be the biggest) and left their security down etc?

Yeah Goonfleet infiltrated BoB (the biggest alliance at that time) with a member who had been there for a year, when he got promoted enough to get alliance permissions the guy disbanded the alliance and trillions of ingame money worth of stuff. :lol:

As much as i'm sure it is addictive as fuck I just dont think i've got the patience to get into it.

My income's already dropped since i started posting on here. :anguish:

Yeah Goonfleet infiltrated BoB (the biggest alliance at that time) with a member who had been there for a year, when he got promoted enough to get alliance permissions the guy disbanded the alliance and trillions of ingame money worth of stuff. :lol:

Pretty crap it happened tho.

Goonfleet is full to the brim with shit.

You mean its filled with goons, goons from a site thats like 4chan with manners.

You mean its filled with goons, goons from a site thats like 4chan with manners.

Yep :craphead:

As a 7 year old Goon i shant take offence then. :pipe:

As a 7 year old Goon i shant take offence then. :pipe:

:drugang:

I really can't stand goons.