Am I the only one who thinks it will be 4-4-2 in the SPL?

Amac9

The thing with Steven Davis is he contributed to 20 golas last year (7 goals and 13 assists) when playing RM. Just think what he could do if he was continually played centrally with Mendes and Thomson beside him in a 4-3-3.

Some would say that he might not get the space to be as effective in the middle.

Good players make space :pipe:

The thing with Steven Davis is he contributed to 20 golas last year (7 goals and 13 assists) when playing RM. Just think what he could do if he was continually played centrally with Mendes and Thomson beside him in a 4-3-3.

My point being he was fairly central even though he was our right midfielder.

As long as davis plays at the level he can consistently then he will contribute a lot whether on the right or in the centre

My point being he was fairly central even though he was our right midfielder.

As long as davis plays at the level he can consistently then he will contribute a lot whether on the right or in the centre

There is no doubt he will contribute if he is playing RM. Last year was evidence of this but I would like to see him played more centrally with Thomson and Mendes in a 4-3-3 with more attacking players (Novo/Naismtih/Fleck/Aaron) being played as part of the 3 attackers.

But we will see how things pan out.

Steven Davis will go back to being wasted at right-midfield.

He was far from wasted on the right.....

Seems some fans don't understand the difference between being asked to play on the right hand side of midfield and the right wing..... :pipe:

And I'm not onre of those fans :pipe:

But he's been very impressive in pre-season centrally.

We've got a reasonably settled formation for our domestic situation," Smith said, "so it was mainly for our European games. Going back into that this season, a slightly different formation was something we had to look at.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...tic_matches.php

So he is saying it will be 4-4-2.

4-4-2 isn't bad, we played well with that formation at the start of last season with Thomson and Mendes in the middle and Davis out on the right. I will be disappointed if we start McCulloch in the middle though. I know he's played well this pre-season but a Davis-Mendes midfield partnership looks far better IMO. (tu)