***The Official Serie A Discussion Thread***

De Rossi's goal made me smile :)

Should have been two though, expected Totti to slot that home.

The way we were dominating that game, I expected us to have it won :anguish:

In all fairness, Amauri was unlucky to hit the post. Julio Sergio has kept us in the game, no question. The commentators pronounciation though :anguish:

The commentators on this channel are crap :anguish: I preferred the old days when it was on Channel 4. Sergio is having a brilliant game, however if you keep giving us chances I am sure we will score a couple.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really watched all that much Serie A before because of the times it's on over here but recently got a recordable box so watched the Milan derby, Roma v Juventus and watching Lazio Chievo at the moment. I think Gattuso was a little hard done by. Not much he really could have done about that penalty as if he let him go he almost certainly would've scored. The sending off was a bit harsh I thought but I have seen them given before. The score really flattered Inter though, Milan dominated them the first 25 mins but after that they just exploded. They'll be tough to beat.

Roma v Juve was a bit of a scrap. Nice goal from De Rossi and looks like Diego could be a could signing for Juve.

Zdravko Kuzmanovic has departed Fiorentina, with German outfit VfB Stuttgart signing him on a four-year contract.

But as one player departs the Artemio Franchi another arrives as a busy day of negotiations with West Ham United finally saw striker Savio Nsereko arrive in Florence.

The Viola had initially approached the Hammers regarding a £9m move for defender Matthew Upson, but that enquiry fell on deaf ears.

However, in the process of the negotiations they managed to snare highly-rated German youngster Nsereko.

The Ugandan-born attacker was a hit in Serie B with Brescia before being lured to Upton Park. However, he only ever managed one appearance for West Ham.

As part of the deal Fiorentina sent Portuguese defender Manuel Da Costa in the opposite direction. The 23-year-old never settled following his move from PSV Eindhoven and Cesare Prandelli will feel he got the better end of the deal.

Kuzmanovic, a 21-year-old Serb, had made a decent name for himself in Serie A, but his performances waned last term - although that did not worry Stuttgart Coach Markus Babbel.

"Despite his young age, he already shows substantial international experience and so he will integrate himself quickly into our team," explained the former German international

A player I have always liked. Terrific signing for Stuttgart(think he will be cup tied though!).

Roma have signed Lobont on loan, feel sorry for Sergio if he takes the number 1 slot as he was brilliant yesterday.

That's the least of our worries. Rumour is that Spalletti is being asked to leave :anguish:

On the plus side, Mancini wants back, and even if it's a loan deal (which it most likely will be, seeing as we're dirt poor) if he rediscovers his form of 07/08, it will be a great signing.

Thats him resigned, who do you want to replace him? There were rumours of Roberto Mancini rejecting Zenit to stay in Italy, maybe he was sounded out about the situation?

Roma have signed Lobont on loan, feel sorry for Sergio if he takes the number 1 slot as he was brilliant yesterday.

That's the least of our worries. Rumour is that Spalletti is being asked to leave :anguish:

On the plus side, Mancini wants back, and even if it's a loan deal (which it most likely will be, seeing as we're dirt poor) if he rediscovers his form of 07/08, it will be a great signing.

Thats him resigned, who do you want to replace him? There were rumours of Roberto Mancini rejecting Zenit to stay in Italy, maybe he was sounded out about the situation?

Seems almost certain that it is Ranieri that is taking over.

After his rabbit in the headlines performance on Saturday, I'd ship out Leonardo now and put Spaletti in at Milan.

(tu)!!!

I'd also ship out the owner because he's responsible for this mess.

Seems almost certain that it is Ranieri that is taking over.

I'd have preferred Prandelli, Gasperini or Mancini to be honest, but we could have done worse. He's done some great things in management, and he's a Romanista, but he doesn't know how to be champion. I'm mad that Sensi's forced Spalletti into resigning, the last thing we need is instability right now, all it will mean is that it will take us longer to settle as a team. The timing also stinks because I have a feeling that Ancelotti may well have come if the decision had been taken in June, and if the board didn't suck.

There was talk of a job swap last season between Ancelotti and Spalletti....I would have absolutely loved that! Would have been right for both Milan and Roma.

Ranieri :anguish:

Just a general point, but how Roberto Mancini remains jobless is totally beyond me.

That is a weird one. The funny thing is though, is that he seems to be willing to take a step down in terms of stature of club he goes to.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't too impressed with Siena tbh.

We are away at Livorno today and it looks like Huntelaar will start thankfully. Only 3 points will be accepted after the shambles against Inter. Was reading that Ramos may be the new Milan boss if Leonardo fails to impress.