Reform at Ibrox

colinstein

New investment by new owner : uk prefered ( Mr Cumnock Tom Hunter )

Director of Football Walter Smith

First Team coach Mr Ally Mc Coist

Assistant Coach Kenny McDowell

Coach in waiting David Weir

What a dream team..........................................................

Ally is and always will be a hero,a legend but I do not think should be a manager in the near future. A manager has to a figure of authority; few have succeeded in suddenly transforming from being the joker, mate,one of the boys, to manager who has to make decisions which will be unpopular at times and need to be enforced.

DIETSPAM ,i have noticed you start most of your posts on a back foot and aggressive manner,and usually with a question???

cant you think for yourself or indeed be productive??? just an observation

oh and yes that reform looks creditable smith upstairs ally new boss with kenny assistant,,makes sense

the davie weir bit is also an option..

just thought i would give you an answer to your topic mate as it seems others cant get a grip of this forum lark.

DIETSPAM ,i have noticed you start most of your posts on a back foot and aggressive manner,and usually with a question???

oh and yes that reform looks creditable smith upstairs ally new boss with kenny assistant,,makes sense

just thought i would give you an answer to your topic mate as it seems others cant get a grip of this forum lark.

when you suggests the post are made on a back foot is this retorical statement or is this only an observation you have made having first researched the practice through wikipapedia first..

being on the back foot is not only a firm stance but that of one which is ready and enabled to make one which is on firm footing

when you have a better propersition let us know

ally as much as a legend he is(as a player), i believe his role at ibrox is more of a keep the morale up guys. rather than that as a tactician or coach. in fact i believe some of the younger guys find mccoist a pest as he keeps trying to play practical jokes , when they are really wanting to work. the days of players having a laugh all day are gone, they have to be super fit and work as much as possible without distraction to have any chance. which maybe explains why mccoist is always out on the touchline , while smith/mcdowall talk in the dugout. i repeat ALLY MCCOIST is a real rangers legend

when you suggests the post are made on a back foot is this retorical statement or is this only an observation you have made having first researched the practice through wikipapedia first..

being on the back foot is not only a firm stance but that of one which is ready and enabled to make one which is on firm footing

when you have a better propersition let us know

What kind of pish are you talking here ,being on the back foot is a stance of which you are unsure and indeed taken aback and on the defensive from the off ,cause you are unsure on how to handle a situation,therefore instead of dealing with task ahead ,you indeed question it..

think you are getting your front and back foot mixed up ,can you walk yet??

PS when you can spell proposition then come back to me.

why do people overlook mccoist because of his personality??

where in the good manager handbook does it state that a man must not have a sense of humour in order to be successful??

exactly mate .good to get back on topic instead of trying to educate clowns on the queens english..

anyway i dont see anything wrong with the proposed reform ,looks good to me.

at least ally would take chances and indeed give players a fair crack of the whip.

why do people overlook mccoist because of his personality??

where in the good manager handbook does it state that a man must not have a sense of humour in order to be successful??

exactly mate .good to get back on topic instead of trying to educate clowns on the queens english..

anyway i dont see anything wrong with the proposed reform ,looks good to me.

at least ally would take chances and indeed give players a fair crack of the whip.

Ally deserves a chance and would never let us down. Anyone who watched 'a question of sport' when he was there will agree that yes he was very funny etc, but he is also very knowledgeable in the world of sport.

He has thorough experience as a player in Scotland, England, European football and the international scene. He has the necessary coaching badges, he is a well known and respected figure, he has been tutored under WS at international and domestic level now for about 5 years or so. He has played a key part in those successful reigns with Scotland and with Rangers which has resulted in 5 pieces of silverware and a European final.

I'd say this qualifies him as ready.

Ally deserves a chance and would never let us down. Anyone who watched 'a question of sport' when he was there will agree that yes he was very funny etc, but he is also very knowledgeable in the world of sport.

He has thorough experience as a player in Scotland, England, European football and the international scene. He has the necessary coaching badges, he is a well known and respected figure, he has been tutored under WS at international and domestic level now for about 5 years or so. He has played a key part in those successful reigns with Scotland and with Rangers which has resulted in 5 pieces of silverware and a European final.

I'd say this qualifies him as ready.

excellent post

If its reform we want then i think what needs sorted is the business side of things. Bain needs chased (im sure something happened to him at Willy Wonka's factory for being that orange. I think a remake with Bain there instead of Veruca Salt)

Some future planning would be nice. What markets are we going to aim for. Why arent we trying to crack the states when we have U.S players. Why did we pull out of the Asian market just as it was about to happen? The list goes on (though the asian market was before the umpa lumpah)

Its not much of a reform to go from one rich guy to another rich guy and basically keep in place the team management structure that we are currently building.

Questions you could ask on reform:

1. Should Rangers be a financially self sufficient club and not dependant on the whims (and fortunes) of a single individual?

2. Should we have the board's responsibility to protect the club for the present and (to plagerise/use a US native american indian saying) 'look after the club for the seventh generation after our generation'.

3. Could we run the club on the Barcalona model of mass fan ownership?

4. Should we become the driving force to a European League or North Atlantic League with the other big teams from small countries in the realisation that TV money is here to stay and currently that means we will not remain a big club financialy no matter our huge support base.

5. How do we increase our non-match day revenues?

on the football side:

5. Do we need a 'Director of Football' - is that not in reality what the managers job is - buying and selling within the financial constraints of the club to deliver on the pitch?

6. Do we have a management structure built with succesion in mind (The OLD Liverpool model) and seems to be what we are doing now - or do we move from regime to regime once one is done with, to freshen things up.

7. If youth is the future how do we get them introduced to the higher level (Now there is no reserve football) - more loans - affiliations with other clubs?).