Steven Whittaker

The main difference between Hutton & Whitty is pace, they both arent that clever at defence, but going forwards Huttons Gazelle like stride just eats up the ground & he passes players who cant get near him, whereas SW has to dribble round them & does so with aplomb.

Whiity is a good finisher-better than Hutton(tho AH played as a striker when younger) he has more touch & is more technical.

SW will end up going for decent money too-I honestly think he will end up in La Liga-where skill is paramount & you get more time on the ball

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me that thinks steven whittaker is no good enough to play for us , yes he scores some good goals but overall his performances are awful , thats just my opinion ..... :pipe:

Sorry to say but we are at a level now where he is a REGULAR, wouldn't have made the bench during 9 in a row but now a 'valuable asset'

How times have changed

Eh, during 9IAR we had Fraser Wishart playing RB for us-a freed player-and SW is miles in front of him as a player.

is it just me that thinks steven whittaker is no good enough to play for us , yes he scores some good goals but overall his performances are awful , thats just my opinion ..... :pipe:

Its just you ya monkey.

terrific athlete

"good with both feet"

"terrific with both feet for a defender"

almost faultless in the tackle

brilliant shot on him

great scoring percentage

reading of the game going forward very good

reading of the defence could be better

what more do you want? roberto fuckin carlos?

not for our money sunshine.

get yer skinny arse out on the street and run a few miles if ye think yer better

Its just you ya monkey.

terrific athlete

"good with both feet"

brilliant shot on him

great scoring percentage

get yer skinny arse out on the street and run a few miles if ye think yer better

i dont think you can read mate , with alot of other people replied agreeing with me :pipe:

and you think he is almost faultless in the tackle , think you've been watchin the wrong player

Its just you ya monkey.

terrific athlete

"good with both feet"

brilliant shot on him

great scoring percentage

i dont think you can read mate , with alot of other people replied agreeing with me :pipe:

and you think he is almost faultless in the tackle , think you've been watchin the wrong player

I replied to your original post - I don't make my replies on the basis of OTHER people opinions. My opinions are my own.

regarding your second point - I said "almost". Which would suggest he's about 75% of the way there. But as I said in my last point - "Reading of the defence could be better" - which I believe sums it up.

Whether 'more' 'other' people who know hee-haw about football believe the same as you means fuck all to me pal.

Fact is, I know what i'm talking about. You, clearly, don't.

Its just you ya monkey.

terrific athlete

"good with both feet"

brilliant shot on him

great scoring percentage

I replied to your original post - I don't make my replies on the basis of OTHER people opinions. My opinions are my own.

regarding your second point - I said "almost". Which would suggest he's about 75% of the way there. But as I said in my last point - "Reading of the defence could be better" - which I believe sums it up.

Whether 'more' 'other' people who know hee-haw about football believe the same as you means fuck all to me pal.

you replied sayin naw its just you which it clearly isnt so maybe you should have looked at the other comments

and like you will see its just my OPINION - no need 2 get so angry or aggressive about it :)

Its just you ya monkey.

terrific athlete

"good with both feet"

brilliant shot on him

great scoring percentage

you replied sayin naw its just you which it clearly isnt so maybe you should have looked at the other comments

and like you will see its just my OPINION - no need 2 get so angry or aggressive about it :)

fair point mate.

maybe the fact that I replied originally claiming "its just you" should have been an indicator that I hadn't read through the entire thread and had, thus, just replied to your original post.

if you thought my post was aggressive or angry, then i am sorry for you about that. on these boards... i thought I was quite tame!

no hard feelings.

Its just you ya monkey.

terrific athlete

"good with both feet"

brilliant shot on him

great scoring percentage

fair point mate.

maybe the fact that I replied originally claiming "its just you" should have been an indicator that I hadn't read through the entire thread and had, thus, just replied to your original post.

if you thought my post was aggressive or angry, then i am sorry for you about that. on these boards... i thought I was quite tame!

no hard feelings.

Defensively I think he is going backwards. His positional sense and awareness are apalling. Going forward he is doing ok but he needs to address his primary role.

For me thats the issue, what is it? I would prefer, out of the players we have, Him and Smith at full back, they can provide the width we dont naturally have in midfield. The 3 across the middle are more than good enough to own any other team domestically, and, compact for Europe.

We have a "holding" midfielder to cover defensively. In the formation we played pre-season, and, ESPECIALLY domestically, for me, the role of a Rangers fullback is going forward and getting crosses in.