Steven Whittaker

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one has ever questioned his attacking qualities, it's his defensive ones that let him down, and I want my full-backs to be sound in that department.

Whittaker played well today, Hamilton never really tested him.

is it just me that thinks steven whittaker is no good enough to play for us , yes he scores some good goals but overall his performances are awful , thats just my opinion ..... :pipe:

Back to your Playstation ya clown.

So who can say he had a bad game or not???

Tested against the best you prove your worth.

I rated the lad today.

Play those that are put inFRONT of you !!

Yes, I concur Muff, he had a great game but let's not question..........

At the end of the day, I am more than happy to have whittaker at RB and let him improve, he was never afforded the kind of run in the team broadfoot was and was always punted at left back or even left mid... despite his defensive drawbacks, he is still the best RB at the club and will improve.

imagine if we had a decent right back with whittaker on the right of midfield, and davis and mendes in the middle

might even see this when broadfoot comes back by the way

Do you think Whittaker is good enough a passer to play in midfield?

Would be a bad move imo

He's a full back by his own admission

No-one has ever questioned his attacking qualities, it's his defensive ones that let him down, and I want my full-backs to be sound in that department.

People have got to realize that noone doubts the boys offensive skills,just his defense thats a real cause for worry. :(

is it just me that thinks steven whittaker is no good enough to play for us , yes he scores some good goals but overall his performances are awful , thats just my opinion ..... :pipe:

Sorry to say but we are at a level now where he is a REGULAR, wouldn't have made the bench during 9 in a row but now a 'valuable asset'

How times have changed

I myself dont like him but he played well today. The way everything is the now he is ok although thats a bad thing but in the circumstances we can't do anything about it. Our hands are tied behind our back and this group of players is realistically as good as it gets on our budget.

Whitaker is never a right back. When you look at how well he played in midfield on our run to the uefa cup final, he was far better in that position. He's a liability in defence. His positioning and reading of the game is dodgy. Like him going forward though!!!

for those who slag the guy certainly got one over the boo boys today

And they certainly aren't RFC fans !!

Or just know hee haw about football..... ie. OP'er

What because we have got an opinion that isn't the same as yours means were not fans think before you speak you twat, Whittaker is a good player attacking but not good defending which is a worry to me especially in the Champs League games and against Celtic

Steven Whittaker is the best we have for that position at the minute....the only real option!!! Aye he needs to improve defensively but I'm sure that will come in future games and it's nice to have an attacking full back in the team for once as Alan Hutton is the only player in that position who has done that for us in recent seasons!!! He was a midfielder until the age of 18, he can still improve and I am confident he will!!

his mazy runs are amazyin,,and ehh how many goals did hutton score from that position,,as an attacking full back he surprisingly offers more than hutton ever did,,,thats a fact...and he has more of a brain than hutton...ie less prone to a booking or 2.

anyone disagree?

i think hutton is a better player , he was condidtant in his performances and he could also tackle , he also had the pace to get back and defend after being on the attack , and if whittaker is a better player then dont you think there would be some speculation about him moving to the premiership ...........

just my opinion