Woodfarm High School Pitch

StevenDavis

I'm possibly playing for Eastwood (my school) against Woodfarm during the middle of next week. It's an away game meaning that it will be played on their pitch.

I know it's similar to the pitches at Toryglen. I've only ever played there once and it was 2 years ago, and I can't mind last week tbh.

Has anyone played on it? What's it like and would I be able to slide tackle on it without cutting my leg open?

I'm possibly playing for Eastwood (my school) against Woodfarm during the middle of next week. It's an away game meaning that it will be played on their pitch.

I know it's similar to the pitches at Toryglen. I've only ever played there once and it was 2 years ago, and I can't mind last week tbh.

Has anyone played on it? What's it like and would I be able to slide tackle on it without cutting my leg open?

played on them a thew times it is just like kicks set from much bigger you probably would cut your knee if you where wearing shorts but if you pull your socks up you might be all right

i dont think i would want to cut my knee for eastwood

played on them a thew times it is just like kicks set from much bigger you probably would cut your knee if you where shorts but if you pull your socks up you might be all right

My brother said it was like the surface at kicks aswell. Martin McIntosh said it was a 3rd generation pitch? What does this mean? :pipe:

played on them a thew times it is just like kicks set from much bigger you probably would cut your knee if you where shorts but if you pull your socks up you might be all right

My brother said it was like the surface at kicks aswell. Martin McIntosh said it was a 3rd generation pitch? What does this mean? :pipe:

martin mcintosh dont listen to him he doesnt have a clue 3d is when it is a bit softer and longer a THINK but it is the same as kicks

Is that the pitches down at the bottom of Rockmount Avenue?

or is it the pitch facing the high school itself?

From memory I think theres 3 or 4 small 5 a side pitches that are a kinda sandy surface, then adjacent to it is the proper 11 a side pitch, which will be the one I'm playing on.

martin mcintosh dont listen to him he doesnt have a clue 3d is when it is a bit softer and longer a THINK but it is the same as kicks

If it's the same as kicks then would it be ok to slide on? Also, why don't you come along? Mr Allan takes it, training is held after school on a tuesday. (tu)

If it's the same as kicks then would it be ok to slide on? Also, why don't you come along? Mr Allan takes it, training is held after school on a tuesday. (tu)

a was going to come but i go to college and i dont get back at the school till about 4.20 so i would miss the training :anguish:

a was going to come but i go to college and i dont get back at the school till about 4.20 so i would miss the training :anguish:

You could always catch the last half hour?

What position do you play?

a think a would prefer and go on rm than play for eastwood

I'm going to go to the trials for RM next year, I can't commit to every sunday just now. Playing for Eastwood is ite though. :pipe:

you should try and join a team some where like u 17

Nah mate I'm 16.

It's a decent pitch.

Would it be ok to slide on?

I'm going to go to the trials for RM next year, I can't commit to every sunday just now. Playing for Eastwood is ite though. :pipe:

Nah mate I'm 16.

It's a decent pitch.

You sure you don't mean dive on? :]

Nah mate I'm 16.

It's a decent pitch.

Busted. :pipe:

Nah mate I'm 16.

It's a decent pitch.

Busted. :pipe:

:mutley:

From memory I think theres 3 or 4 small 5 a side pitches that are a kinda sandy surface, then adjacent to it is the proper 11 a side pitch, which will be the one I'm playing on.

Been a while for me, but from what I remember its a decent enough surface.

Not the greatest for sliding/diving on (do-able though), but a good even bounce.

Not the Longest pitch ever either, but very wide.

Been a while for me, but from what I remember its a decent enough surface.

Not the greatest for sliding/diving on (do-able though), but a good even bounce.

Not the Longest pitch ever either, but very wide.

Cheers mate. (tu)