Walter hits nail on the head

Albahighlander

"There is no point playing like that in European games if you don't do it domestically," said Smith. "If the team had played domestically as they have in Europe earlier this season, then maybe I wouldn't be here now."

Exactamundo

Have you joined Forumosasuna Alba ?

"There is no point playing like that in European games if you don't do it domestically," said Smith. "If the team had played domestically as they have in Europe earlier this season, then maybe I wouldn't be here now."

Exactamundo

Have you joined Forumosasuna Alba ?

I have now.

as usual those from the darkside showing their evil side

WS and you Alba are just stating the obvious.

The sad thing was that "the obvious" i.e. that which the team was lacking and requiring, was NOT OBVIOUS to a certain PLG.

If it had been and the obvious had been acted on, then yes PLG would still be here and welcomed.

Sadly he was blind and had no heart for the challenge.

WE are now BOTH much better off.

The sad thing was that "the obvious" i.e. that which the team was lacking and requiring, was NOT OBVIOUS to a certain PLG.

If it had been and the obvious had been acted on, then yes PLG would still be here and welcomed.

I beg to differ nvager

The obvious from the manager's perspective is clearly not the obvious from the stands

PLG was certainly not blind but in the end he didn't have the heart to challenge the obvious

I suspect that he is better off, I doubt whether we are better off in the long term

how cant we be better off? another season under plg way things were going i could see us struggling for a top 6 place never mind 1st or 2nd :)

EW - Correct and well said.

Alba you gotta get over PLG - HE LET ALL OF US DOWN. We all (even me ) initially thought he was going to really change everything at Ibrox, the culture, way of life etc., and lead us to the great heights in the future. REALITY = It was soon very obvious that THAT was NEVER going to happen.

If he had remained, the current team would be playing without BF, KB, KT, UGO and DW. How good would that be?

We would never be in the position we are in now even though THAT is not the greatest.

Be content in knowing he was an IMPOSTER.

:rolleyes:

how cant we be better off? another season under plg way things were going i could see us struggling for a top 6 place never mind 1st or 2nd :)

I agree, apart from Clement there was none of his signings even remotely good enough for Rangers. Something that he now see's as Clement was the only one he took with him and we are left with the rubbish. I realize that he didn't have loads to spend but what he did have he wasted. (sebo). Furman is the only youngster that he brought in that is doing much in the Reserves.

we will know the answers to this in 3 years time if we are still desperately fighting for second place and accepting that the occasional run in Europe is good enouigh. Indeed we may even know in a couple of weeks time at Celtic Park.

The changes required to move Rangers from just another SPL club to a European big club are huge and it was always going to be a 3-5 year job.

he identified the scale of the problems internally but clearly felt that this intransignt Scottish mentality and insularity wasn't up for the change.

or maybe it was his french arrogance and stupidity that couldnt effect the change needed,mind this was the guy who knocked back a january transfer fund coz he thought the team was good enough.good enough for what? 5th?

Any other manager would have wanted 10 million.

you could also say that had mcleish noticed the obvious (that namouchi was mince) and acted, then he's still be there

Exactamundo

basic common sense <_<