Tunisia

Kaiser52

There were quite a few Turkish lads who were into the Rangers whenever I've been over in Marmaris. Most of them were Galatasaray , don't know why but they said that there was a similarity between Rangers and their club. Maybe its because they have traditionally been top dog in Turkey like with ourselves here in Scotland.

Whether some of you like or want to admit it, last years shenanigans in Manchester impressed an awful lot of foreign fans. They had been looking at British clubs fans with contempt due to the change in supporters behaviour. Rangers showed that we still take no shit from anyone, and that is what impressed the North Africans & others (it certainly wasn't our stylish football that drew them to us).

We are probably the only British club that commands any respect from the countries where the game is still a hotbed of passion. Like it or not, standing up to the GMP bastards won us fans all over the world.

Yeah your right, football fans in Islamic countries love to see pissed up neds rioting. I heard that Real Madrid and Barca are in the middle of a huge commercial crisis in Asia because they have no recent history of rioting.

im from algeria ...& proud to support rangers :))..

Because of Madjid per chance?? :clap:

To be honest , Madjid has given more popularity to rangers here in north africa , so many people here watch The SPL matches N support The Gers .They love boughy cuz hez respectful and talented .

personally i always check the latest news about the club and the players ...""Weir ..boyd ..mendez .whittaker and the others

...i started being a ragers fan since Hemdani joind the RFC...and i agree tht he was not as good as bougherra.

And sorry 4 my bad english ^^ ..

(tu) went to algeria for the day! was pretty amazing!

im really glad cuz u enjoyed being in our country , mate. ((:

Not a problem my friend, I can honestly say that although I could not bear the heat, your people and your way of life was an honour to be a part of and wish you and all my brothers of tunisia and algeria all the best

im really glad cuz u enjoyed being in our country , mate. ((:

I'm in Hassi Messaoud right now and brought back a few shirts and bits and pieces last week for some of the guys working for me. They are very happy Boughera is doing well for us but I don't see Algeria as an untapped market for us. Cheap copies are available over here. I'm sure one of the shirts I brought over is in some back street tailors being copied right now. Because the Algerian national team are doing so well right now and look like they are defo going to qualify for the world cup all thier international players are in the spotlight and none moreso than Boughera

Whether some of you like or want to admit it, last years shenanigans in Manchester impressed an awful lot of foreign fans. They had been looking at British clubs fans with contempt due to the change in supporters behaviour. Rangers showed that we still take no shit from anyone, and that is what impressed the North Africans & others (it certainly wasn't our stylish football that drew them to us).

We are probably the only British club that commands any respect from the countries where the game is still a hotbed of passion. Like it or not, standing up to the GMP bastards won us fans all over the world.

Bullshit

How did you manage to get a visa for Algeria? It's taking me 3 weeks to get visas and I've got Algerian government people helping me.

Bullshit

Quite possibly the most deluded post I have ever read on here, astonishing! :anguish:

As for taking no shit, that may have been true a few years ago but some of the things I have witnessed in recent times at Ibrox are nothing short of embaressing.

Yeah your right, football fans in Islamic countries love to see pissed up neds rioting. I heard that Real Madrid and Barca are in the middle of a huge commercial crisis in Asia because they have no recent history of rioting.

(tu) Who takes anything positive out of supposed "fans" kicking fuck out a policeman? Do you honestly think people watching the game saw fans rioting and thought, "That's the pride of football."? They're a disgrace. I'd like to think we don't "demand" respect either, if anything we've earned it.

As i said at the start "Whether some of you like or want to admit it......". You were one of the ones i expected not to agree anyway, you've had a bee in your bonnet ever since i sat you on my mantlepiece the other day. :D

This just makes me depressed.

Thats cheered me up.

:craphead:

Sorry Radlord that made me chuckle. He does occasionally have his moments does WVB.

Few & far between brissy though ;) .

In all honesty, some of you need to come out of your cosy middle-class existences and go stand in a crowd of working class people, but you wont because you're far too busy being shocked by hearing a truth which doesn't fit into your cosy wee liberal agendas. Its a nasty wee world out there, go take a gander.

we've not even got a proper rangers shop in glasgow city centre nevermind in tunisia and algeria ! it pisses me off seeing all these tourists in the city centre with celtic merchandise, they've got shops everywhere including in glasgow airport where it is the first thing toutists see when they arrive. fuck, if i can see we are missing a trick why cant martin bain ??

Unless you specifically want to keep your old tops, take them with you on holiday and pass it to a local or get it up on the wall of a bar when you leave ;)

thats a good shout. :clap:

Thats not the point though. The club needs to be marketed better rather than rely on us to do it for them. I dont think theres many things that irritate me more than seeing shops selling the hooped paedophile shirts and other nonce merchandise, and not having a Rangers Shop in every town.....well, thats another great move. doh

Just back from a week a week in Tunisia and I couldnt believe the reaction I received when I was wearing my top, there was 4 wokers in the hotel who had last seasons top! this seasons top is unavailable to them???? and they were offering me all the gold they had in exchange for the new one! and again it struck home! wilst Tunisia and Algeria may not be the richest of countries in the world again the marketing and the business decisions shown by our club are brutal! we cld be making a fortune and gaining a bigger and bigger fanbase by the day over there and even sending out a second string for the odd friendly to again increase our support but will bain think of this????

Those guys probably earn about 10 quid a week

You are getting desperate mate for a fan base