***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Colts return the kickoff for a touchdown :lol:

Simpson took off, but was it just me, or was there barely even anyone near him down that side, i mean he hardly even had to dodge anyway, just straight line speed and he was off.

Yeah the Jags botched the coverage and had guys out of their lanes

Meant to say as well i remember watching a few play off games a few years ago and the quarter back was Manning (didnt know his first name) and then watched the superbowl game and remember seeing "that" play, where manning nearly gets sacked, rides 2 tackles and throws it down centre field and Tyree caught it by gripping it against his helmet.

I was watching a thing on Sky Sports the other day, "NFL Americas Game" or something and it was a rundown of that season for the Giants (ddint even know there name until i watched this) and it was speaking about how the coach was an old, slave driver type of guy but softened up and they ended up winning the superbowl.

I remember at the time watching them and they were always the underdogs, that guy Brady slagging them in the semi-final (dont know if thats the correct name) because a Giants player said they wouldnt score a lot of points and Brady laughed at them. Seemed like an arrogant prick!

Anyway, i remember watching Strahan do his stop it out and all that and really liked them since.

Had no idea the team i first saw was the same team that won the superbowl thats how much of a NFL novice i was/am haha

Would like to know more about the Giants though, anyone here a fan?

Seen tonight they are just outside the wildcard spots but im not too sure what that means.

Good game in progress just now by the looks of it, Peyton Manning looks like he is strolling through these plays!

Giants are a good team, and if they win 2 out of their last 3, they will most likely get into the playoffs, which gives them a shot at winning the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning's brother, Eli is the Giants quarterback. Some of their other good players are Steve Smith, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyora, and Brandon Jacobs.

Giants are a good team, and if they win 2 out of their last 3, they will most likely get into the playoffs, which gives them a shot at winning the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning's brother, Eli is the Giants quarterback. Some of their other good players are Steve Smith, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyora, and Brandon Jacobs.

Yeh i know who Eli is i just wasnt sure which one of them played for the Colts and which one played for the Giants until recently.

Who is the best team in the NFL the Colts? Im sure the guy said they were undefeated going into this game.

i dont actually think ive seen the Giants play since the Superbowl is Coughlin still there head coach?

Yeh i know who Eli is i just wasnt sure which one of them played for the Colts and which one played for the Giants until recently.

Who is the best team in the NFL the Colts? Im sure the guy said they were undefeated going into this game.

i dont actually think ive seen the Giants play since the Superbowl is Coughlin still there head coach?

Yeah Coughlin is still the head coach. Best team in the NFL this year is a toss up I'd say between the Colts, Vikings, Saints, and Chargers

Yeah Coughlin is still the head coach. Best team in the NFL this year is a toss up I'd say between the Colts, Vikings, Saints, and Chargers

Do they all play each other like in a league table or is it split into regions then one big tournament for the play-offs?

Do they all play each other like in a league table or is it split into regions then one big tournament for the play-offs?

The 32 teams are divided between 2 conferences, and within those 2 conferences there are 4 divisions. The teams that win each division make the playoffs, as well as the next two teams with the best records (wildcards). Then the 6 teams play each other in the playoffs to determine who goes to the Super Bowl.

The 32 teams are divided between 2 conferences, and within those 2 conferences there are 4 divisions. The teams that win each division make the playoffs, as well as the next two teams with the best records (wildcards). Then the 6 teams play each other in the playoffs to determine who goes to the Super Bowl.

Yeh i get it now,

I thought it was something similar to that because i noticed that like the Colts would never play certain teams but the other teams would still be like under them in the playoff standings.

Cheers mate!

Jones-Drew is a rookie isn't he? Or am I thinking of another guy with a hyphenated name?

Jones-Drew has been in the league since 2006 I think. The only rookie I can think of off the top of my head with a hyphenated name is Heyward-Bay for Oakland

Jones-Drew is a rookie isn't he? Or am I thinking of another guy with a hyphenated name?

Jones-Drew has been in the league since 2006 I think. The only rookie I can think of off the top of my head with a hyphenated name is Heyward-Bay for Oakland

That's the one doh

Heyward-Bay is absolutely terrible by the way :lol:

If the Raiders had a tenth of a brain they would have picked Crabtree or Jeremy Maclin

Yeah that's why I was a bit surprised when he said that this Jones-Drew guy was good because I had them confused. He's awful, fairly certain Crabtree has better stats than him with less games.

Another touchdown, this game is so back-and-forth. Poor defence really.

Im a big San Francisco 49ers fan and although this year was to early to make a real impact we are a young team and i think with young guys like Smith Crabtree and Vernon Davis ready to improve the next couple of years could be exciting for the 49ers.

:praise: another recruit for the 49ers in this area. I think we outnumber everyone except maybe Colts and Pats now who are all just glory hunters anyway :pipe:

Im a big San Francisco 49ers fan and although this year was to early to make a real impact we are a young team and i think with young guys like Smith Crabtree and Vernon Davis ready to improve the next couple of years could be exciting for the 49ers.

:praise: another recruit for the 49ers in this area. I think we outnumber everyone except maybe Colts and Pats now who are all just glory hunters anyway :pipe:

:cheers::rolleyes:

Really, the more the merrier.

Bill Walsh will be very proud.