Financial Prudence - Lack of Investment

nvager

We all understand that we are in financial difficulties and by and large accept that WS has to operate with a much reduced squad. We are told one of the benefits of this is that our youngsters will get a chance to progress and that it will put us on a much healthier financial footing for the years ahead.

My concern is that when the financial figures do come out we may see that we are in a worse position than imagined. If this is the situation we will continue the remainder of the season with no further investment at all (and young players still may not get blooded ). What would yet another further similar year (next season) with no investment do to the standing of Rangers? Could we realistically withstand another poverished year when contracts may not be renewed and no new players brought in? If young players are not blooded what then would be the incentive of any young player at Ibrox?

Surely we will hit rock bottom if we have another season of real financial worries.

We all understand that we are in financial difficulties and by and large accept that WS has to operate with a much reduced squad. We are told one of the benefits of this is that our youngsters will get a chance to progress and that it will put us on a much healthier financial footing for the years ahead.

My concern is that when the financial figures do come out we may see that we are in a worse position than imagined. If this is the situation we will continue the remainder of the season with no further investment at all (and young players still may not get blooded ). What would yet another further similar year (next season) with no investment do to the standing of Rangers? Could we realistically withstand another poverished year when contracts may not be renewed and no new players brought in? If young players are not blooded what then would be the incentive of any young player at Ibrox?

Surely we will hit rock bottom if we have another season of real financial worries.

yes and given that we are banking with the biggest of the big when it comes to taking no nonsense,lloyds tsb are a bunch of cunts with the biggest legal team known to man,its no wonder the restraints on us are probably more than we are led to believe,and they wouldnt think twice of pulling the plug tbh,there must be no end of grovelling going on behind the scenes tbh.

if only we where with a more understanding/leniant organisation,the bank threats wouldnt be a problem .

and we would be free to try and make a fist of it..

yes and given that we are banking with the biggest of the big when it comes to taking no nonsense,lloyds tsb are a bunch of cunts with the biggest legal team known to man,its no wonder the restraints on us are probably more than we are led to believe,and they wouldnt think twice of pulling the plug tbh,there must be no end of grovelling going on behind the scenes tbh.

if only we where with a more understanding/leniant organisation,the bank threats wouldnt be a problem .

and we would be free to try and make a fist of it..

Perhaps when the financial accounts of RFC and MIH are made public we will learn a lot more.

Whene the accounts are made public you will get the situation 9 months ago and not the current situation.

Realistically, long term, Rangers have to work within the income they generate.

I personally am not a huge fan of the sugar daddy ownership that has gone on/is going on at Chelsea, Man City etc. it all looks good during the investment period but it can go horribly wrong )Leeds, Portsmouth, West Ham, Livingston etc). SDM did well by us but part of the issue is that when he can no longer afford to invest (like currently) then there are financial dangers - UEFA are trying to look at ownership / investment rules (things like players salarys to be capped at 60% of income) and to be honest initiatives like that would help us as we have one of the largest fan bases (but they also need to look at TV money distribution - perhaps a leveling of what gets paid in European competitions).

The actual situation will NOT be as bad as the accounts will show as we have the CL money (and a larger share due to Celtic not making it through) (And on a slightly technical point IMHO accounts should by law, show more forward looking commentary and projections as history is only one pointer towards the future). Also the cost reductions will not be reflected in the set of accounts we see. The management (and Banks) are working on much more upto date information than we will be given privvy to)

we are in debt by 25 million yeah so with the 18 million champions league money and the sales of ferguson gow adam that is 2 million and we have got rid of another 7 players g.smith daily webster hendami furman arron velicka and got 1 loan in so our wage bill will be right down and i think aswell in the summer we will see bougherra leaving he said in the press that in the summer he wants to leave so if he has a great season in the league champions league and world cup aswell we could get about 9 million for him i think mcgregor will leave aswell for about 5 million and mendes aswell for about 3 million so with all that money we would be in the black by 12 million then the new manager in the summer could have at least 12 million to spend to buy about 5 or 6 players

Whene the accounts are made public you will get the situation 9 months ago and not the current situation.

No, they will give the situation as at 30th June and not 9 months ago.

Actually I think I knew that - but was going to post the point that accounts can be upto 9 months out of date (not sue if that is true about a listed company though). Rest of the post still stands all the changes have taken place post accounts date.

we are in debt by 25 million yeah so with the 18 million champions league money and the sales of ferguson gow adam that is 2 million and we have got rid of another 7 players g.smith daily webster hendami furman arron velicka and got 1 loan in so our wage bill will be right down and i think aswell in the summer we will see bougherra leaving he said in the press that in the summer he wants to leave so if he has a great season in the league champions league and world cup aswell we could get about 9 million for him i think mcgregor will leave aswell for about 5 million and mendes aswell for about 3 million so with all that money we would be in the black by 12 million then the new manager in the summer could have at least 12 million to spend to buy about 5 or 6 players

True about the debts but i think with the champions league money and then if we win the league get to the last 16 or progress in the uefa cup we could make alot of cash.

Bougherra doesnt want to leave , he said he loves rangers and would only leave for a top 5 english team and mcgregor will never leave for 5 million and mendes has stated his intentions to end his career at gers aswell as we would get about 1 million tops for him due to his advancing years.