Could have been so different with a competent referee

bombaybadboy08

Easy to blame the ref. Fact is we're not good enough when push comes to shove. Very disappointed in our performance in the second half. Completely gutless.

But you have to say, if we'd got the blatent penalty and scored, we'd have been 1-0 up, and riding high on confidence.

Instead the ref doesn't give us a corner, they get the ball, McCulloch (very fairly) tackles them, and they get a freekick and score.

Absolute joke of a referee.

We were shocking in defence, true enough, but fucking hell that ref...

Easy to blame the ref. Fact is we're not good enough when push comes to shove. Very disappointed in our performance in the second half. Completely gutless.

Badger you know that was a stonewaller.All i'm getting at is it would have been diff if we went in 1- 0 up at half time

We were by far the better team up until they scored the 1st, a goal they should never have scored. Schoolboy defending, dont even know if you can call it a well worked set piece it was that basic. at 2-0 every rangers player chucked it, the closing down we had been doing at 0-0 and 1-0 just wasnt there, and Sevilla had put the foot off the gas slightly. This romanian team will be no pushovers aswell

But you have to say, if we'd got the blatent penalty and scored, we'd have been 1-0 up, and riding high on confidence.

Instead the ref doesn't give us a corner, they get the ball, McCulloch (very fairly) tackles them, and they get a freekick and score.

(tu)

Never mind the ref, yes he was horrendous but we have to look at ourselves. We are fucking pish!

Completely spineless!

I just hope the refs incompetance doesn't paper over the very obvious cracks.

Exactly (tu)

Take Bougherra out of the team and we are even worse. He's the only one who want to show some balls and guts!

That's what I was trying to explain earlier, they shouldn't have had the ball to be awarded a freekick in the first place, and a soft freekick at that. After the penalty aswell, I just couldn't believe it.

I'm not saying the ref is why we lost, just saying he made some terrible decisions that no doubt affected the outcome of the game.