Boss' Article on RM

Canadaready

I think we should have a member on the Board :rolleyes:

Good idea - should we set up a Rangers Media Forum Supporters Trust (RMFST) that decides who gets elected to the board of the Rangers Forum Supporters Trust (RFST) (well if we are cooperating with other sites that is the next logical step !! ) :craphead:

Good idea - should we set up a Rangers Media Forum Supporters Trust (RMFST) that decides who gets elected to the board of the Rangers Forum Supporters Trust (RFST) (well if we are cooperating with other sites that is the next logical step !! ) :craphead:

You'd need to run that past Rangersmedia Admin and Moderators for Inclusivity and Tolerance ('RAM IT').

RM is a cracking site - no question.

My only thoughts on development are that I hope it dosnt outgrow itself in terms of trying to grow TOO big.

Ads and a PC policy are a massive turnoff.

We could make a fair bit a year from Ad's. I'll be straight here, as the site grows bigger, it does get more and more expensive to run. Our server costs alone over a grand, and well we might outgrow that in the next 12mths. However, we've always maintained a no/bare minimum advert policy and would like that to continue. However we need to find other ways to fund ourselves.

As for policy, that won't change anytime soon. We always allow open debate within reason, even if it's critical (but not slanderous), of RM itself, and I think that is something that sets us apart from other large Rangers sites. We also are fairly liberal with regards to banning members, giving members the benefit of the doubt as long as possible.

I appreciate that Badger.

I have no complaints how things are done atm.

I'm just highlighting how things can go down the capitalist route, and before long its money spinner with commercial ambitions, and all the members get left disenfranchised.

Hopefully that never becomes the case (tu)