Rangers suspend supporters club

The_Lion_Roars

Not sure if it is clear to everyone but as i understand it the members of the supporters club are not banned they can still attend games at ibrox and if they are season ticket holders can continue to apply and use their away allocations.

The club will not be recognised by rangers nor permitted to apply or obtain tickets as a club.

the question I would ask is what are the other club members going to do. if i was a member i would not be happy at the 3 who brought shame on their club and were not big enough to stand up and admit what they had done.

i know it has not been stated who used the tickets but with being in great demand are we really to believe that not one of the clubs members wanted to use any of the tickets. remember their total allocation was 3.

the club had no choice and are lucky the spl did not take action against them

shocking decision to ban them imo

to ban who ?

only 1 person was banned - the person who refused to cooperate with the club.

If I give my season ticket to someone and they cause a problem I will be asked by the club who had my ticket. I would have no hesitation telling them or expect to be banned.

Well I don't agree that a whole club should lose its allocation just because one of its members misbehaves. If that's the sort of over-reaction Murray has in mind for the future then our enemies really have won.

how is it an over-reaction ?

This is the kin d of double standards used by those who are anti Murray.

This club deserve to have their allocation suspended. The suspension had nothing to do with anyone misbehaving.

They had 3 tickets and their club refuse to cooperate with rangers over who they gave them to.

Rangers were left with no option.

totally agree - if the club had co-operated with the investigation then perhaps only 3 members would have ben banned but they chose as a club to close ranks to protect the three who were at the game

under those circumstances Rangers had no choice - what they did was right and I back them 100% in that decision

Well I don't agree that a whole club should lose its allocation just because one of its members misbehaves. If that's the sort of over-reaction Murray has in mind for the future then our enemies really have won.

how is it an over-reaction ?

This is the kin d of double standards used by those who are anti Murray.

This club deserve to have their allocation suspended. The suspension had nothing to do with anyone misbehaving.

They had 3 tickets and their club refuse to cooperate with rangers over who they gave them to.

Rangers were left with no option.

Well it?s an over reaction because it?s punishing many people who are innocent, I can't really spell it out any more clearly than that.

totally agree - if the club had co-operated with the investigation then perhaps only 3 members would have ben banned but they chose as a club to close ranks to protect the three who were at the game

under those circumstances Rangers had no choice - what they did was right and I back them 100% in that decision

You are assuming of course that all the members knew who used the tickets. By all means punish the guilty, but its sheer folly and unbelievably divisive to punish everyone.

You are assuming of course that all the members knew who used the tickets. By all means punish the guilty, but its sheer folly and unbelievably divisive to punish everyone.

Look it's up to the members of the club to sort that out isn't it? It's their club and someone at the club knows who is responsible or they have sold the ticket to a person they don't know (bit unlikely with only three tickets). Either way, if they won't cooperate I don't see what else Rangers can do but to withdraw the allocation.

I don't believe for a minute that this action is "unbelievably divisive" and I think it will simply concentrate the minds of other supporters clubs.

Just another silly little incident,in the ever increasing witch-hunt,and believe me it is a witch-hunt,what makes it worse a large pecentage of our own people seem to be in on it. :((td)

Hear hear.

What ever happened to WE are the people. The term WE being the relevant point. I can only say the way in wich our support has developed this last while, makes me sad as to our future, and I can honestly say reading the CONSTANT ribbing, even on this forum, from so called fellow supporters makes me not only want to stand up against this type introspective analysis - to the Nth fooking degree every fooking game, but to walk away from my fellow fans.

Its maybe time some of us stood back and looked at the "nirvana" they are trying to achieve. I can only think that there will be an awful lot of grass bowlers from our support in the not too distant future.