Rich investors getting involved in fan ownership scheme

MisterC

It will be interesting to see which rich and famous people from the business arena decide to sign up to the fan ownership thing. There could well be those who buy several of those £1000 shares in fact there could be a few who buy substantial amounts from what I am hearing on the grapevine. How many will you be buying? I can only afford 1 but a few will be putting in big sums should the fan ownership share structure thing be feasible.

Thoughts?

in this case why is there a limit of 45000 or is there?

and next year when the 45000 owners pledge another 1k each,by that time financially our house should be in order and having no debt ,as a club we will be pretty well fuckin off tbh...

or will we?

I don't think that you would be able to buy more than 1 to be honest. You're not buying a share as such, you are paying for a membership. I don't think it would be encouraged for 1 person to have multiple memberships, as this would give them more power than others, and this is what we are trying to get away from. From what I've read, it's just a one off membership payment, followed by a yearly subscription.

I don't think that you would be able to buy more than 1 to be honest. You're not buying a share as such, you are paying for a membership. I don't think it would be encouraged for 1 person to have multiple memberships, as this would give them more power than others, and this is what we are trying to get away from. From what I've read, it's just a one off membership payment, followed by a yearly subscription.

thats what im led to believe is the case mate also..

and potential investors should be told who intends to be in charge ,ie.the board ,financial experts,administration,advertising,the whole shabang ..

would you invest 1k not knowing who will be in charge of it..and how we are gonna be run.

No model has been released yet so the proposals mentioned by Duffy (or anyone else) are far from being confirmed.

Personally I doubt there will be a limit on who can sign up to the scheme in terms of numbers and finance you're prepared to put in.

as many have said before, this WILL NOT WORK due to the lack of money in scottish football

when 45k people each pay their 1k, that clears the debt and gives us a few bob to do as we please,

once that dries up we will have our yearly membership fee from the 45000 people as our main source of income, and if we dont get to the group stages of the champions league then that money will go to keep the debt from rising again

we need a few major people in charge that have access to funds that arent controlled by a bank,

i think there will be a few rich buisness men getting invoved and a few celebritys will buy a few like gordon ramsay, sean connory i even think a few players past and present will get invoved aswell

:pierre:

I think ill buy one to begin with and if it seems worthwhile ill buy some more <cr>

:21:

I think there will be big investors in this, one or two of the names being bandied about are quite interesting......

I am totally disillusioned with the consortium.

On one hand I hear of Duffy bringing together some Glasgow based business men with the club at heart. Unfortunately I get the feeling it’s a grandioso idea but one that can’t be applied without any real “big hitters” backing the move. Don't get me wrong, if they stick with their plans and prove they are the real deal then I will stump up my cash for membership.

However,

I also hear King is the only man to make an official move for the club and is currently doing Due Diligence.

What I will say is that we need to know who is involved in the consortium to form a fair opinion because without that, it’s just impossible to know what’s best for the future.