Jimmy Bullard back in 6-8 weeks

Jimbo.

Bullard back in 6-8 weeks

Bullard_2374794.jpg Brown ®: Disappointed to lose Bullard

Phil Brown is relieved that Bullard should be back within two months, particularly as the player's reaction when injured at Villa Park suggested a more serious knock.

"It's all relative," said Brown.

"If somebody was telling me that I would be out for six to eight weeks... it's still bad news.

"But when you see the pictures from Saturday and see the anguish on Jimmy's face when he came off the field, I think the heart of every football supporter in the country went out to him, mine included.

"Jimmy automatically saw the downside because of the affect the last 12 months have had on him. The fact that he came off thinking he was going to need an operation straightaway was testimony to that.

"But the medical people we have working for us are very professional and they allowed the knee to settle down. 48 hours later, we did the scan and the results were what we predicted.

"Six weeks is the best case scenario, eight weeks is probably the worst case scenario. We're looking for Jimmy to be back on the field of play by the back end of January."