Fleck for Smith and Wilson for Weir

papaguy51

Can anyone really give me a decent reason as to why Fleck and Wilson didn't start last night?

I was absolutely disgusted to see Smith brought in from the cold and Weir play the second of (another) three games in a week, not long after Walter had said that wouldn't happen and a week after Weir said he was struggling with games.

At a time when we're skint and but days after the club saying that they need to start taking youth seriously (again), it bewilders me as to why they didn't take this opportunity to give the young lads a run out. A game against Sevilla would teach them so much, more than any game against Partick Thistle reserves.

Perhaps it's me, perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd love a good reason as to why that is.

Can anyone really give me a decent reason as to why Fleck and Wilson didn't start last night?

I was absolutely disgusted to see Smith brought in from the cold and Weir play the second of (another) three games in a week, not long after Walter had said that wouldn't happen and a week after Weir said he was struggling with games.

At a time when we're skint and but days after the club saying that they need to start taking youth seriously (again), it bewilders me as to why they didn't take this opportunity to give the young lads a run out. A game against Sevilla would teach them so much, more than any game against Partick Thistle reserves.

Perhaps it's me, perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd love a good reason as to why that is.

Only Walter can give you that. Hopefully some hack will ask him today and he'll tell us.

Because Walter Smith is a stubborn old bugger. Fleck did more in 8 minutes than Smith did all game

Walter's answer would be that he didn't want to throw the youngsters in because he didn't want them to suffer a big defeat and it would damage their confidence.

I'm sure Fleck and Wilson are feeling super confident afer impressing for four/five games in a row there before being dropped for no reason for the likes of Stevie Smith and Kyle Lafferty (tu)