Valencia to sign Dominguez

TexasGers

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...ope&cc=5901

Valencia have agreed a deal to sign Argentinian forward Alejandro Dominguez from Rubin Kazan, the Primera Liga club confirmed on Monday night.

Alejandro Dominguez

GettyImages

Alejandro Dominguez in action against Barcelona

Dominguez is the Russian Premier Liga player of the year and will complete his move to Valencia if he passes a medical examination on Tuesday.

The striker has been handed a three-and-a-half year deal in Spain after finishing as joint-top scorer as Rubin secured their second successive Russian league title.

Dominguez, who first joined the Russian club from River Plate in 2004 before spending two years with Zenit St Petersburg, also scored two goals in six Champions League appearances as Rubin secured a place in the Europa League.

He will now compete with David Villa and Nikola Zigic for a place in the Valencia starting line-up under Unai Emery.

Saw a bit of him in the CL, he looked really good

got kinda interested in the russian league due to my FM game with cska moscow and from what i saw of him in the RPL and CL he's a top player, wouldn't be surprised if he is in the argentina squad for the WC

Not really seen enough of him to make a good judgement.

Seen him three times on ESPN for Rubin and quite a few in the CL.

He's got a great first touch and eye for goal, but I'm not sure about his overall play or athleticism. They can't be too bad though :pipe: