Our CL games with the same approach as last night.

pcbear

Would not have been the disaster it turned out.Let the opposition worry about you, if the same width, pace and general work ethic was applied in at least the home games we would have in all probability finished 2nd in the group, it also gets the fans onside and also ?"up for it" generating a formidable Ibrox atmosphere, its a two way street something good on the pitch = something good off it.

Imo way too much respect is shown to teams visiting Ibrox, a tepid opening lets them bed in and get their confidence up then inevitably they end up running the show and its us chasing shadows.

Imo footballs a simple game made complicated by cautious coaches.

I suppose it has to be said that our away CL performances and results were ok so perhaps it's a home match problem? Make no mistake psychology plays a big part in top level sport ... to see that you just have to look at Petr Cech who has went from being probably the best keeper in the world to a bit of a liabilty all because he now has doubt in his mind

I suppose it has to be said that our away CL performances and results were ok so perhaps it's a home match problem? Make no mistake psychology plays a big part in top level sport ... to see that you just have to look at Petr Cech who has went from being probably the best keeper in the world to a bit of a liabilty all because he now has doubt in his mind

Sevilla was a backs to the wall, we were lucky to still be in the game at half time v Stuttgart and even though we nearly sneaked it it Romania i thought it was an average performance.

I think our tactics last night against the likes of Seville ot VFB would have been just as disastrous as the actual tactics played against them. We pressed utd so far up the pitch a good pacey team would have exposed the gaps that were left.

Good tactics for most SPL opposition but we would need two or three more classy players to get away with it against better teams.

People will say that the better sides would have taken advantage of the space we allowed the opposition when we were attacking, but God I'd rather have went down fighting that going out with our tails between our legs in the fashion we did.

People will say that the better sides would have taken advantage of the space we allowed the opposition when we were attacking, but God I'd rather have went down fighting that going out with our tails between our legs in the fashion we did.

Fair point Papa. I see where you are coming from. I wasnt too dissapointed with the Seville game at home. We made a fist of it for most of the game and gave a good account of ourselves despite getting humped.

In WS first spell he got slaughtered for his tactics in Europe which on the whole were attack minded. Its a no win situation.

Fair point Papa. I see where you are coming from. I wasnt too dissapointed with the Seville game at home. We made a fist of it for most of the game and gave a good account of ourselves despite getting humped.

In WS first spell he got slaughtered for his tactics in Europe which on the whole were attack minded. Its a no win situation.

You can understand the tactics we used against Sevilla.

Against Unirea and a struggling Stuttgart side? We should have been going for the jugular from the off.

You can understand the tactics we used against Sevilla.

Against Unirea and a struggling Stuttgart side? We should have been going for the jugular from the off.

I'm in no way defending the tactics or performance against Unirea or VFB but I remeber taking tankings of the likes of Juve non a regular basis with attacking football so I can understand why WS has a negative approach towards European games. I personally think we pay too much respect to some of our opponents and should be a bit more attacking but not gung ho like last night.