There is no media bias

RFC55

Cast your mind back to december, Rangers play a game against seville in the uefa champions leauge. One man has a few drinks and gets emotional over the death of his brother, who loved the Rangers. The man in question is Dick Campbell the Forfar manager. He makes a very touching speach about his brother and how he loved the Rangers etc, before giving a rendition of the famous Derrys Walls, a rousing and historical, non sectarian song. Then we wake up on the sunday after the game to newspaper headlines saying things like Campbell in sectarian singsong shame etc.

Now the words to Derrys Walls are not in anyway sectarian or bigoted as that rhag would have you believe. It is a historical song about a seige, and how the apprentice boys fought back and gave all against a band of rebel scum.

Fast forward to January a new year and we open another rhag to find Vinnie Jones is the bheasts choice for votes in big brother. The reason for this, a video of him singing the fields of athenry. Now the papers portray this as an irish folk song, not even rebel and Vinnie Jones becomes the hero of the craicsters. Not even one word of criticism, not even a blink of an eye, no accusation of bigoted or sectarian singing. They even have silly wee quotes for the article from bheast fans giving the old I know who my vote is for now etc

What is the difference between the 2 songs? In the eyes of the mhedia one is sang by the most famous and successful club in the land, yet we are the most hated. It seems to be wether its rejoicing in killing 2 british soldiers in a cowardly attack, singing about no protestants at all, boys of the old brigade and the rest of there ira songbook these vermin are just known as jolly craicsters.

I ask the people who dismiss the vanguard bears and the like to have a look at the way these two articles have been writen and in the jolly way one side are portrayed, and see they have Rangers fans interests at heart. I am not a memeber nor do i know any of the vanguard bears but i respect the work and the way they defend fellow bears and show the bheasts for what they are

also compare and contrast the treatment of donald findlay qc with that of pearson and hartson - also look at such shite as accusations of sectarian grass cutting at ibrox and the hoohah last year regarding the hokey cokey ffs. if any rangers fan believes theres fair and balanced reporting in this country then they are a fucking idiot. no offence.

I think this is the most worrying thing for me. There is a media imbalance in the perception of things in the newspapers. Absolutely no denying it. The Rangers support are seen as imperial, flag waving facists, and the Celtic support seen as plucky liberal freedom fighters, of course neither perception is true. I dunno what it is, perhaps it's the underdog mentallity. Similar to the way folk go against the like of the USA and Israel at everything. I really dunno.

I don't think of myself as paranoid at all, but there is a clear imbalance of things here. Not so much with the reporting of the actual football issues, as I don't think that is too bad. However the support issues, there is definitely an imbalance. Anybody denying it isn't reading what I read.

I respect folks right to follow Rangers however they wish. We've a proud protestant links dating back over a century, it's completely up to people if they want to go down the route of support. Likewise people that some know as 'hand wringers' should never criticise them for it.

Badger your more or less getting at what i left out, fair enough some of there match reports can be silly, but you could put 10 of us in a room watch a game and we could all disagree about how we feel it went. Its everything else, from the songs, to eggs benedict, green peperamis and the other shite, like there was a rape case and it mentioned the guy was a Rangers fan happend in england somewhere. Its even the advertising charlie and the ghirls in British newspapers. A group who will be singing with a band of baying f******(bearing in mind thats what they are not in the made up kaflik sense) about blowing up parts of Britain and the ira.

I think this is the most worrying thing for me. There is a media imbalance in the perception of things in the newspapers. Absolutely no denying it. The Rangers support are seen as imperial, flag waving facists, and the Celtic support seen as plucky liberal freedom fighters, of course neither perception is true. I dunno what it is, perhaps it's the underdog mentallity. Similar to the way folk go against the like of the USA and Israel at everything. I really dunno.

I don't think of myself as paranoid at all, but there is a clear imbalance of things here. Not so much with the reporting of the actual football issues, as I don't think that is too bad. However the support issues, there is definitely an imbalance. Anybody denying it isn't reading what I read.

I respect folks right to follow Rangers however they wish. We've a proud protestant links dating back over a century, it's completely up to people if they want to go down the route of support. Likewise people that some know as 'hand wringers' should never criticise them for it.

Criticism when it's due is all fine and well but it's harder to accept when a blind eye is turned elsewhere. I don't just mean the bheasts, I would go as far to mention every other SPL club and the tartan army.

The Dick Campbell stuff was shocking and another example of a partisan pro Celtic media.

If you don't like what a newspaper prints then the answer is simple - Do Not Buy It.

People in very good jobs in this country have a serious problem with Rangers FC.

Is it cause were so good and the team they all love is always playing 2nd fiddle? Or do they think if they keep throwing shite at us we will always be thought of as the bad guys?

The mHedia can say there is no agenda, but i think its blatantly obvious that something is going on in this country.

I too, like the previous poster, think that if any normal Rangers fan thinks everything is balanced then they are completely wrong.

Right now, we only have 1 website to flag these issues up publicly and a few forums to debate the issues, thats it, until we get a new regime in place to run the club and stand up to these haters of Rangers then it will just get worse and worse.

I've said it in another thread, but don't get into a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel full. It will only result in disaster and embarrassment. If you don't like it you shouldn't buy it, pretty simple really. The gutter press want you to get involved in a war of attrition, it helps them sell papers and even if you win you've not won, as they just concoct more lies the next day anyway.

who says i or any of us bought it, people like the vb and other bears on here post these reports for all to see mate

No one at all, it was meant for Rangers fans in general. Now the club wont do anything about this so that leaves only one option - dont buy the papers/don't listen to the radio station etc.

My opinion is that the VB's need to tone a lot of their stuff down a bit if they wish to be taken serious.

sorry ottis i picked you up wrong im tired and thought you meant me personaly lol. i just buy the daily star personaly shit paper cant be taken seriously but has the sportsword, as im not the crossword type lol.

who says i or any of us bought it, people like the vb and other bears on here post these reports for all to see mate

No one at all, it was meant for Rangers fans in general. Now the club wont do anything about this so that leaves only one option - dont buy the papers/don't listen to the radio station etc.

My opinion is that the VB's need to tone a lot of their stuff down a bit if they wish to be taken serious.

The VB's write most of their stuff in the way they do to bring people more aware of this bias.

also compare and contrast the treatment of donald findlay qc with that of pearson and hartson - also look at such shite as accusations of sectarian grass cutting at ibrox and the hoohah last year regarding the hokey cokey ffs. if any rangers fan believes theres fair and balanced reporting in this country then they are a fucking idiot. no offence.

Compare and Contrast the stories of "The Findlays" -

Donald Findlay - Video of him singing TBB at the Edmiston suite and some handwringing wank sold it to the papers. Next thing you know Donald is a big bad proddy, sectarian song singing bigot. Hounded until he was ousted from the job that he loved from the team he loved and supports. Never mind the fact Neil McCann is directly below him and singing the exact same fucking song, it's only arch-bigot Findlay they are interested in.

Jeanette Findlay (Chair of The Celtc Trust and lecturer at Glasgow University) - Says in a radio 5 live interview that the singing of I Ran Away songs are acceptable. Cue the days and days of papers going after this arch-bigot, well no, she is still in both jobs and the matter was forgotten about rather fucking quickly.

were the biggest and most powerful club in the country, everyone wants to read about us and paint us as the bad guy, there's alot of mythology around Ireland, North and South, some good and some bad from whatever way you look at it.

were just being painted as the bad guy for now, but it goes in cycles, older bears will remember the shame Celtic had lashed on them in the 70's and 80's from the pest, man, once upon a time we refused to sign members of an actual religion ( or sorry , that's what the club told the fans ) and the so-called Thimmy media didn't say anything about it. We are the bad guys in their eyes and it generates money for them.

I actually enjoy it , it's a testament to our power, heritage and success. If people dont like us or our beliefs then FUCK THEM ! I dont see why it is so hard for some people to stand defiant and instead choose to whine. They cant get NEAR us no matter what they say.

We are The Rangers, We Are The People and you'll hear NO whingeing from me !!!

FUCKIN BRING IT ON !