***PreMatch Analysis*** Scottish Co-operative Cup Final

nvager

Rangers versus St. Mirren in the Scottish Co-operative Cup Final on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at Hampden Park Glasgow. Kick-off 3:00 PM.

A win on Sunday can see Rangers get off to a successful start in their quest to win a treble of trophies this season. This makes this match so very important.

It will be a very difficult game as these sides have met often recently and know each other very well. St. Mirren is very well organized and will fight so hard to win this cup/trophy, as this is an event that does not happen very often for this team. It will be seen as a tremendous occasion and a chance to get away from the pressure of fighting relegation.

Rangers have most of the players fit for selection except for Bougherra and Broadfoot. Alexander will however replace McGregor in goal. Wilson will replace Bougherra at centre half. The remainder of the team is up for grabs, but I think Walter smith may go along with the following team:

Alexander, Whittaker, Weir, Wilson, Papac, Beasley, Davis, Edu, Thomson, Miller and Boyd.

He may also choose to start Novo, McCulloch, Lafferty, Naismith or Fleck, but I hope the above team is given the start.

Mehmet and Higdon are powerful players up front for St. Mirren and will give Weir and Wilson a hard time, but I am more concerned with how our players perform, because if they play at anything like top form there is only one winner - Rangers.

Our defence was not at its best last weekend. The usual high standards were missing. Whittaker had a bad day and the others were a little below their best form. We cannot afford a repeat in a Cup Final. I expect a return to resolute defending.

Midfield is the key to most games and I would play Beasley, Davis, Edu and Thomson as I believe they are our best combination at present. Edu has regained match fitness and I believe he with Davis in the middle gives us our best option for now. I have a feeling though that Walter may play Lafferty for some reason, but I hope he is on the bench. I prefer Novo as a substitute rather than a starter.

Surely Miller and Boyd will start up front, but both have been a shade under their best form the past few weeks.

I expect a Rangers victory in the first leg of an attack on the treble. This should also give us a boost going forward in both the Scottish Cup and the SPL. I predict Rangers 3 - 1 St. Mirren.

Hopefully, we got the kick in the arse we needed last weekend. TBH I thought Mehmet was a much better player than he has shown against us. No worries for this W/E NVA.

Gers to win 3-0. They won't get a sniff...

i think it might be closer than many of us bears think. Buddies haven't been in a final for some time. They haven't got anything to loose. they know that they are not favorites! we are! im sure many of us are thinking its gonni be a wash. to many times i have seen gers nearly give it away.

my thought of the game....a close one 2-1, Boyd, Novo, Mehmet

i think it might be closer than many of us bears think. Buddies haven't been in a final for some time. They haven't got anything to loose. they know that they are not favorites! we are! im sure many of us are thinking its gonni be a wash. to many times i have seen gers nearly give it away.

my thought of the game....a close one 2-1, Boyd, Novo, Mehmet

Sorry mate. Nae Bother for this one. I went for 3-0 but now feel I am being FAR too conservative. Going to go for 5-0 now. Seriously.

As Big Jock said "Fancy us very strongly the day -- we've got the battle fever on".

WATP.

Doubt it'll be 5-0 or even 3-1. We know what St Mirren are like, I'll go for 1-0.

Got to agree with ye there can't see many

goals against this mob might even need extra

time to win hope I'm wrong But after sitting through

recent games against them noteably scot cup replay

think this one will be an endurance test