Ally agreeing we've been poor and on improving

Boab

By Andrew Dickson

Ally McCoist is looking for an improved performance from Rangers against Dundee United tonight after seeing their levels dip over the last month.

The Light Blues travel to Tannadice for a Scottish Cup quarter-final replay with the Arabs with Raith Rovers awaiting whoever wins in the last four.

Gers certainly haven't been at their best recently and they toiled against both St Mirren at the weekend and United seven days before that.

Yet for all that, they have still managed to keep their incredible run of just one domestic defeat all season going.

Now McCoist is determined to marry grit and determination with flair and poise in the closing few weeks of the campaign.

He said: "I don't think we've played particularly well for the last three or four weeks. I'd wholeheartedly agree with that.

"We can definitely perform better. We can pass the ball better and we can move a lot better as well.

"There are periods throughout a season when that will happen and we're having one of those at the moment.

"If we go back to December, it was the complete opposite and that spell was as well as we've played in a couple of years.

"We were battering in six and seven goals in a couple of games and were playing really well.

"You can't have that all the time so when you're not playing well, you just have to hope other things go well for you.

"We've certainly had that so while we're not playing as well as we can, the other side of our game has been very good.

"We've been fighting hard and grinding out results and now we just have to tie that in with playing better football. Hopefully that will come again soon."

Nice to see the honesty of Coisty there though its more likely I think we'll start to maybe play better vs Hamilton at home.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100324/lets-step-it-up_2254024_2003151