link with chinese team

John Fashanu tried to get us linked with Barry Town? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3010259.stm

We had Northern Spirit in OZ too.

Nothing came of it apart from having the Chinese NO 1 on trial for a few weeks.

We would have ended up with Du Wei, as I am sure he played with the team.

Rangers have signed a partnership agreement with China Super League club Shenzhen Jianlibao (SJFC).

They will cooperate in coaching, sports science, player development, exhibition matches and commercial deals.

Rangers chairman John McClelland said: "China, and Shenzhen in particular, has tremendous potential and we want to extend our brand worldwide.

Youth chief George Adams said: "SJFC place an emphasis on youth and have seven players in the national team."

China international defender Sun Jihai is a regular with Manchester City, while midfielder Li Tie is with English Premiership rivals Everton.

"I have been very impressed with the progress made by the Chinese national team in recent years and have followed the progress of Sun Jihai and Li Tie in the EPL recently with interest," said Adams.

Rangers have made excellent achievements in the areas of market development

Shenzhen Jianlibao general manager Zhang Jian

"I hope to be able to assist Shenzhen Jianlibao in future development.

"Having a hands-on role in the development of young players there will enable Rangers to keep an eye on some of the best young talent in China."

The Chinese club are hoping to reap the benefit of Rangers' commercial expertise and experience.

Shenzhen Jianlibao general manager Zhang Jian added: "Rangers FC also has made excellent achievements in the areas of market development, commercial exploitation and supporters services through a well-established management system."

Manchester United have already forged links with China and the English club's website is the most visited in the country.

China defender Fan Zhiyi's brief spell with Dundee also produced great interest in China for the Scottish Premier League club.

http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/Shenzhen_Jianlibao

few years back we set up a link with a chinese team Shenzhen , did anything good come out of this

from what i remember we were meant to get some youth players from them but after the initial story about it i never heard anything else .....

It was all a cunny ruse to get us to buy Orange tops. The Chinese team were the Masonic equivalent of the rangers, therefor the link was easy.

I know that 'their' links with China has been laughed at over the season but I have to say, I think it was one of the few things that they did do well. We could do with development in Asia as it is a HUGE market and a very lucrative one as well.

I've just seen that this team is on their fourth different name since our link ended with them. All I remember from the link up aside from the top is that we came close to signing an up and coming Chinese internationalist who is currently tearing up the SPL across the city.