Football scouts

rangersross

Im hearing all these clubs moan about a lack of good young scottish players...why dont they scout out here in the east of scotland - there are some really quality players here and though I myself wouldnt call myself scouting standard there are certainly a few in my year I would but the only scouts we get to our leagues are english clubs - recently 2 scouted to newcastle + 2 to norwich doh NORWICH are scouting us but scottish clubs arent :blink: ive only ever had a motherwell scout at my games watching my club but other than that we never see scottish scouts - hardly any clubs do and its not the best players that get signed...a relitively shite player was just taken to Middlesbrough from his boys club here when there are great players stuck at poor BC's and academies like cowdenbeath... its mad :blink:

Sounds good CJ - Worst bit is there is this guy in my year who has had trials at celtic, livingston, rangers, hearts and failed them all - his dad got him to every single trial since he knows people in football (his dads an sfa coach or something) its such a waste when there is people in my year who would easily pass these trials

yeah i know what you mean quite pointless putting in someone not worthy of a palec and stuff and also a waste of the coaches at the clubs time if you ask me

they want to see good stfuff no something out the bin :P

i was asked to put m,y name down but, i could never play for like scotland or thst i dont really have the like confidence needed

Sounds good CJ - Worst bit is there is this guy in my year who has had trials at celtic, livingston, rangers, hearts and failed them all - his dad got him to every single trial since he knows people in football (his dads an sfa coach or something) its such a waste when there is people in my year who would easily pass these trials

that's very frustrating. And all the more ridiculous when the national team needs a good stream of guys coming up through the ranks. Most young players will not make it so its definitely a case of trying to throw the net fairly wide and get people in.

well my mate had trial with st johnstone he was a gk but they wernt interested in him after looking at him for 2 years same with my other mate had trials with saints for 1 and a half years then offered a place at arbroath but he turned it down.

guy called stephen fraser now plays with montrose but he doesn;t get a game as david robertson doesn't rate him so is tryin to get rid of him

Yes I agreee I also play in the east of scotland. Well edinburgh leagues and they are the highest standard going around I would have to say. But their arent really that many scouts going around. The best time was probably around ayear ago when the scouts were everywhere. I got scouted by chelsea but nothing happened. I just got put on their books or something lol. Well I play in goals before anyone says anything lol. Yes that was the best period i have seen for scouts but no one really came around. The Pro Youth team thats really scouting at the mo is Dunfermline they have took nearly every single Hutchison Player And also Falkirk who have took alot of my friends.

Yes I agreee I also play in the east of scotland. Well edinburgh leagues and they are the highest standard going around I would have to say. But their arent really that many scouts going around. The best time was probably around ayear ago when the scouts were everywhere. I got scouted by chelsea but nothing happened. I just got put on their books or something lol. Well I play in goals before anyone says anything lol. Yes that was the best period i have seen for scouts but no one really came around. The Pro Youth team thats really scouting at the mo is Dunfermline they have took nearly every single Hutchison Player And also Falkirk who have took alot of my friends.

Who do you play for mate - Hutchy used to be the big team to be at thats where everyone quality seemed to be but now its Tynie hearts from you-14-U17 level they seem to have the best setup just now anyway

if your good you get scouted...if you aint good yer not..simple

2 of my mates went to a north of scotland trial..one got in and the other didnt!...ross county and ivnerness scouts wer at these trials..no one was scouted..they had hte players they needed...players can be good but just not good enough in some coaches eyes!

Guest TheQueensXI
if your good you get scouted...if you aint good yer not..simple

2 of my mates went to a north of scotland trial..one got in and the other didnt!...ross county and ivnerness scouts wer at these trials..no one was scouted..they had hte players they needed...players can be good but just not good enough in some coaches eyes!

all depends on the team really. Hillpark up the road from me are notorius for bringing through good young players (my mate's cousin Peter was at Rangers now St Johnstone) and they have delivered many.

On the flip side, a guy i worked with in Asda was spotted at a 5/7 a-side tournament and was signed by Peterborough!

Sometimes its at the right place at the right time, and also the coaches should try to get people down to watch their lads.