Something we may all be missing in smiths quotes?

Yes we are all feeling a bit down about boyd situation, however in the quotes on the website there is something we have all been hoping to see from Walter for a long time...

"We'd need to have some exceptional players to do that but we'll have a smaller squad augmented by some younger players who I'm hoping are ready to make their challenges."

It's more than time some of the young players coming through were given a proper chance and not just 15 minutes at the end of a game when we are 3 or 4 goals up, all we have to do is look at Willson this season for proof that there are boys out there who can step up to the mark not only in the SPL but europe aswell, with Fleck looking much improved the last few games we seen him, Shinnie getting rave reviews and players like Wylde, Mcmillan and Little all looking promising, this could be the dawn of a new era for the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

First time poster guys so go easy!

Yes we are all feeling a bit down about boyd situation, however in the quotes on the website there is something we have all been hoping to see from Walter for a long time...

"We'd need to have some exceptional players to do that but we'll have a smaller squad augmented by some younger players who I'm hoping are ready to make their challenges."

It's more than time some of the young players coming through were given a proper chance and not just 15 minutes at the end of a game when we are 3 or 4 goals up, all we have to do is look at Willson this season for proof that there are boys out there who can step up to the mark not only in the SPL but europe aswell, with Fleck looking much improved the last few games we seen him, Shinnie getting rave reviews and players like Wylde, Mcmillan and Little all looking promising, this could be the dawn of a new era for the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

First time poster guys so go easy!

whilst i would still rather get a couple of new faces in, i am definitely looking forward to seeing some of the youngsters. these young guys have trained together for years and should have a good understanding - it'll be very interesting to watch :)

ps welcome to RM :21:

Rory Loy should have been given a chance two/three years ago or been loaned out with the intention of coming back to us ala Webster.

He was highly rated at Killie and they were furious when we nabbed him from them. He then scored goals almost every week for the youth team/reserve and yet not a peep of first team football.

He's poor now, but that's because he got zero first team football during those crucial years between 17-19.

We will miss his goals big time and I doubt we have players in the squad who can get anywhere near the amount he has got for us these past few seasons. I hope we can get someone in who can get us lots of goals but who? Welcome to the site by the way.

Totaly agree DBBTB lennon and McCormack are other ones aswell, we all know that Walters had a reluctance to play the younger player even Ferguson struggled at the start and nearly left but hopefully now his hand is being forced we will see the fruits of our labour with the young guys and not just pap them off to some second rate english mob for pennys!