Football Manager 2007 Official Thread!

Official FM Thread

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just realised why gretna were in the CL, i was playing my 'old firm in the premiership' database, which in turns gives teams in scotland the remaining CL places.

finished that game anyway, I'm playing as rangers in the conference, only got a handful of players left.

Won the CL against Valencia 2-0 :D

Signed a boy called Trejo in January and he scored, then got injued.

Then Nicolas Millan (Great player) scored second!

I've got Nicolas Millan for my Stafford side! :-D

Easily the best player in my side but he doesn't seem to perform as well as he should. Maybe its because he's surrounded by 10 shite players and playing in the Championship...

How do you use him?

just started a game with Hibs,

my lineup is so far

Malkowski

Whittaker Jones Konde Murphy

Sproule Brown Thomson(Bjarnsson) Glass

Ashikodi Fletcher(Benji)

took David Rose from Man Utd on Loan aswell

ran out of money so far, once i get more any suggestions to some young players on cheap contracts?

just started a game with Hibs,

my lineup is so far

Malkowski

Whittaker Jones Konde Murphy

Sproule Brown Thomson(Bjarnsson) Glass

Ashikodi Fletcher(Benji)

took David Rose from Man Utd on Loan aswell

ran out of money so far, once i get more any suggestions to some young players on cheap contracts?

Dalle Valle, Finish player, he's 14 or 15 I think.

Eric Grendel MRL, should be on a free.

Easily the best player in my side but he doesn't seem to perform as well as he should. Maybe its because he's surrounded by 10 shite players and playing in the Championship...

How do you use him?

He never played that great for me until 21/22 years old. Never made him learn from anyone, just developed his own game. Played him upfront with Celsihno who is class, or Borriello (striker).

Chelsea just put a bid for 25mil and David Murray intervene and accepted it !!

Is there anyway I can use some of my transfer budget and instead use it for wages <cr>

The only way I know is at the start of each season the money offered from the board for transfers, you can lower that and make the wage budget higher. Of course, that means you cannot spend more on transfers.

In my no-cheating long career game, I just realised that Igor Burzanovic guy who plays for Red Star actually played for my Mainz team for ages. I phased him out and eventually he left on a free transfer in 2016. Ha ha :P

In my no-cheating long career game, I just realised that Igor Burzanovic guy who plays for Red Star actually played for my Mainz team for ages. I phased him out and eventually he left on a free transfer in 2016. Ha ha :P

Haha, deserves him right. Dirty bassa!

Dirty tricks I pull against the CPU:

Hard tackling and always closing down against players with low bravery, natural fitness or high aggression to scare them out of 50/50's, injure them or provoke them.

In the Italian league, sell 50% of a player when you're with a wee team in Serie B to a big team, but retain the rights so he stays with you. Don't play him for a bit and his value drops. Buy the 50% you sold to the big team for a low LOW price. Might even be able to sell him on again if he's young enough (and repeat!).

When you've sold a player with a next transfer fee percentage clause, put him on your shortlist to see when another club is bidding to buy him. Stick a bid in thats higher than what they offered, and wait for them to re-bid. A good way of inflating the price!

Any others?

Or am I just a really sneaky bastard? :D

How do you use him?

How do you get Nicolas Millan?(failed work permit)

Is it something to do with the type of contract or something cause he is only 14/15 at the beginning or do I need to wait a couple of years for him?

Im playing rangers.

How do you use him?

Is it something to do with the type of contract or something cause he is only 14/15 at the beginning or do I need to wait a couple of years for him?

Im playing rangers.

I got him when I was just starting my 4th season, he had about 33 under 21 caps but no first team caps....

Hard tackling and always closing down against players with low bravery, natural fitness or high aggression to scare them out of 50/50's, injure them or provoke them.

In the Italian league, sell 50% of a player when you're with a wee team in Serie B to a big team, but retain the rights so he stays with you. Don't play him for a bit and his value drops. Buy the 50% you sold to the big team for a low LOW price. Might even be able to sell him on again if he's young enough (and repeat!).

When you've sold a player with a next transfer fee percentage clause, put him on your shortlist to see when another club is bidding to buy him. Stick a bid in thats higher than what they offered, and wait for them to re-bid. A good way of inflating the price!

Any others?

These are actually great tips!

Any others?

These are actually great tips!

Thats why I always go the wee teams, I'm a Scot at heart and I like to be cheap :)

How do you use him?

Im playing rangers.

I signed him when he was 15 but on other games have failed to sign him due to work permit. You can usually get foreign youngsters if they've played a few under 21/19 caps. Think with NIcolas Milan the comp may set his int caps randomly. So perhaps you can only sign him at that age onsome games but not others.

I am officially a brilliant manager. It took me a decade but I'm finally at a huge club.

milannb3.jpg

I started off unemployed.

Got Braunschweig relegated, saved Lanciano from relegation through a playoff, then lost the playoff a year later.

Finished with Cordoba in a decent league position, except the board wanted promotion which was never going to happen. I had only been there 9 months and got sacked.

Won Euro 2012 with Scotland, resigned.

Joined Mainz in 2nd division. Gained promotion in 1st season. Finished 10th, 6th, 4th then 3rd (in a CL spot). Won the German Cup. Applied for the Milan job after Mourinho got sacked and got it :smo: