Paul Scholes

GMarklow

I hope you're joking :anguish:

No.

I'm just saying that its a render of Scholes pasted on to someone elses design. ;)

thanks for pointing out that i had used somebody's work as i never knew that wasn't able to use it until now as i got the picture threw a texture pack i downloaded a while back and not from deviant art,i have taken the wallpaper off my tinypic,WishartsAshes could you take it off the other site too,although nezzyy i have not just pasted a scholes render onto someone elses work.

No.

I'm just saying that its a render of Scholes pasted on to someone elses design. ;)

thanks for pointing out that i had used somebody's work as i never knew that wasn't able to use it until now as i got the picture threw a texture pack i downloaded a while back and not from deviant art,i have taken the wallpaper off my tinypic,WishartsAshes could you take it off the other site too,although nezzyy i have not just pasted a scholes render onto someone elses work.

It really dosen't matter tbh mate. Atleast you never just found it and took it mate, whoever made the texture pack shoulden't have taken it. :lol:

No.

It really dosen't matter tbh mate. Atleast you never just found it and took it mate, whoever made the texture pack shoulden't have taken it. :lol:

Nobody just 'finds' texture packs mate, they are posted for other people to use. Everyone does it and if they say they don't they are lying! All he has done is incorporate PART of the texture into his own design. nearly all uploaders on deviant art say their work is free to use anywhere with modifications. Every design I've ever posted has some of someone else's work in it!!! - My current sig and avatar are taken straight from a tutorial, which was someone else's work.

No.

Nobody just 'finds' texture packs mate, they are posted for other people to use. Everyone does it and if they say they don't they are lying! All he has done is incorporate PART of the texture into his own design. nearly all uploaders on deviant art say their work is free to use anywhere with modifications. Every design I've ever posted has some of someone else's work in it!!! - My current sig and avatar are taken straight from a tutorial, which was someone else's work.

thats exactly what i was thinking.... taking that piece of work is perfectly fine in you create it as your own!! hand he has changed it alot so its really no big deal!! as elma says all designers use other peoples work for our own ideas!!

its a nice textures but he makes it into a very good wallpaper!!

well done

thats exactly what i was thinking.... taking that piece of work is perfectly fine in you create it as your own!! hand he has changed it alot so its really no big deal!! as elma says all designers use other peoples work for our own ideas!!

its a nice textures but he makes it into a very good wallpaper!!

well done

For a start its not a texture. So who whoever made the texture pack obviously dosen't have a clue.

A tutorial is made to help you with things. Does that look like a tutorial to you?

When people look at that are they going to be more impressed with the Scholes render, text and whatever else or the detail of everything in the background?

Ideas? Thats not an idea from the original it is just the original.

First of all, regarding removing the wallpaper from imageshack, sorry I don't know how to do that.

Secondly, I can see no reason for doing so. GMarklow has taken various elements and put them together using a fair amount of creativity to create a new piece of work quite distinct from any of the individual elements. This is, by no means, 'copying'.

Not only is it perfectly reasonable to do so but, to the best of my knowledge, it ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT from anything any other poster on here has posted. For example, photographers or relevant publisher will own the copyright of the player photos used and Rangers will own the rights to badges, logos etc., as will Umbro.

Thirdly, if anyone has used or misused copyrighted material, it is for the owner of the copyright to challenge this, not for third parties. Third parties should be very careful about making possibly defamatory statements without being in full possession of the facts (for example, the OP may have permission to use the elements or the OP may even own the copyright of individual elements) or, indeed, full knowledge of the law.

For consideration, below are two artworks which might be wrongly described as 'copying'. The first, by Picasso, literally involves cutting and pasting from a newspaper. The second is a quite obvious 'copy' of a famous painting.

picasso_bottle.jpg

Pablo Picasso, Bottle of Vieux Marc, Glass, Guitar and Newspaper, 1913

Dali2.jpg

Salvador Dali. Self Portrait as Mona Lisa. 1954

First of all, regarding removing the wallpaper from imageshack, sorry I don't know how to do that.

Secondly, I can see no reason for doing so. GMarklow has taken various elements and put them together using a fair amount of creativity to create a new piece of work quite distinct from any of the individual elements. This is, by no means, 'copying'.

Not only is it perfectly reasonable to do so but, to the best of my knowledge, it ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT from anything any other poster on here has posted. For example, photographers or relevant publisher will own the copyright of the player photos used and Rangers will own the rights to badges, logos etc., as will Umbro.

Thirdly, if anyone has used or misused copyrighted material, it is for the owner of the copyright to challenge this, not for third parties. Third parties should be very careful about making possibly defamatory statements without being in full possession of the facts (for example, the OP may have permission to use the elements or the OP may even own the copyright of individual elements) or, indeed, full knowledge of the law.

For consideration, below are two artworks which might be wrongly described as 'copying'. The first, by Picasso, literally involves cutting and pasting from a newspaper. The second is a quite obvious 'copy' of a famous painting.

picasso_bottle.jpg

Dali2.jpg

Very true points. But all I am saying is that the majority of the wallpaper was actually made by another person, and I feel that that persons deserves to be credited for for it, as that design was actually made from scratch (I used to talk to the person that made it a few years ago). And also DeviantArt is mainly for people to post there own work to show people not for people to go on there profiles and save there images for there own use.

picasso_bottle.jpg

Dali2.jpg

Exactly - well said!!!

Very true points. But all I am saying is that the majority of the wallpaper was actually made by another person, and I feel that that persons deserves to be credited for for it, as that design was actually made from scratch (I used to talk to the person that made it a few years ago). And also DeviantArt is mainly for people to post there own work to show people not for people to go on there profiles and save there images for there own use.

Given that you have not credited anyone for the photograph which makes up the majority of your SIG, I presume then that you either own the copyright or have the permission of the copyright owner. Presumably, you also have permission from Rangers to use THEIR logo as YOUR avatar.

Given that you have not credited anyone for the photograph which makes up the majority of your SIG, I presume then that you either own the copyright or have the permission of the copyright owner. Presumably, you also have permission from Rangers to use THEIR logo as YOUR avatar.

Touche sir :sherlock:

Touche sir :sherlock:

And now for the coup de grâce.

The 'original artwork appears not to be so original.

This is an image found using google image search,

Sydney_Opera_House_Australia.jpg

As you can see this appears to be the image used in the 'original' design.

poster1g.jpgposter2a.jpg

In a strange irony the image of the opera house is reversed in the final design. Posters who saw the OP's wallpaper will remember that the Scholes render was also reversed.