Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What songs are you on about.

To you and rfc52 - The paramilitary songs which sill get sung. And also the 'FTP' chants that have died down of late but are creeping slowly back in

Instead of arguing on here, why dont you get leaflets printed and hand them out at our next home or away game. Just explain to our fans that you are not happy with some of the songs that they sing. I am sure you will get a great response as you have stated that its only a minority that sing those songs.

Good advice, thanks for that.

I would love to see you hand out leaflets.

The lines about the U.V.F/Y.C.V

Are you for real. ?

Perhaps as such an afficiando of context you should familiarise yourself with such regarding these songs.

I'm sure the fans belting out the songs are concerned with the context as well.

It is an insult to the original Ulster Volunteers to suggest that the people who sing these songs are doing so in their honour - they are singing about the U.V.F of Gusty Spence.

Look how 'A Fathers Advice' has been bastardised.

A Fathers Advice, Daddys Uniform, Number One Platoon

And what is sectarian about any of those songs ?

I said they were Para-military songs. Outlawed groups who have no relevance to anything anymore

Have you any idea what a prat you have just made of yourself and how offensive that statement will be to the many bears from Ulster who post on here ?

Are you for real. ?

Perhaps as such an afficiando of context you should familiarise yourself with such regarding these songs.

It is an insult to the original Ulster Volunteers to suggest that the people who sing these songs are doing so in their honour - they are singing about the U.V.F of Gusty Spence.

No Rangers fan would behave like this.

I said they were Para-military songs. Outlawed groups who have no relevance to anything anymore

Have you any idea what a prat you have just made of yourself and how offensive that statement will be to the many bears from Ulster who post on here ?

They dont have any relevance to anything anymore - the War is over and these groups are nothing more than glorified criminal gangs and drug dealers.

Are you for real. ?

Lemme guess the Bobby Sands line :rolleyes:

Are you for real. ?

Yeah, that one.

They dont have any relevance to anything anymore - the War is over and these groups are nothing more than glorified criminal gangs and drug dealers.

People still sing songs about World War 1 and 2 .

They dont have any relevance to anything anymore - the War is over and these groups are nothing more than glorified criminal gangs and drug dealers

Quite frankly you absolutely disgust me.

You enjoy a freedom which was earned by those young men.

It will always have a relevance.

They dont have any relevance to anything anymore - the War is over and these groups are nothing more than glorified criminal gangs and drug dealers

How do I have a freedom earned by the U.V.F of Gusty Spence (That's who I am talking about NOT the original Ulster Volunteers)?

It is even more disgusting to compare the two.

How do I have a freedom earned by the U.V.F of Gusty Spence (That's who I am talking about NOT the original Ulster Volunteers)?

How do you know what people are singing about, have you asked them.

How do you know what people are singing about, have you asked them.

No, but I am making an educated guess based on the fact the lyrics of 'A Fathers Advice' have been bastardised to include a line about a terrorist from the same era.

Are you for real. ?

Yeah, that one.

I can understand your offence at that line, after all Bobby Sands really has to be admired......