Danilo

CoplandRoad83

There might already be a thread, but he is a quality player. Still getting up to speed.

I think he is as good a striker as we have had in years.

I know he misses chances but he is always a threat. Movement amazing, creates things out of nothing.

Given his age, and his capacity to improve I'm delighted with the boy. And he loves it, infectious. I think he can do a great job and make us profit in years. 

Really like him.

He's a very good all round player who seems good at everything. Want to see if he's going to be great though. Still waiting to see if he's got the magic and consistent finishing to be the star striker we need or if he's just going to be a really good striker. 

Good finish last night, put the disallowed one away well too and maybe would hope he puts the one that hit the post away too but he came close. If he starts finding that consistency in his finishing then we'll have an excellent striker on our hands 

There are shades of peak Morelos in his ability to play as a single striker, run into channels, track back, hold up play and win free kicks. Very different player in terms of physicality but he has other attributes.

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

Was concerned that he wasn't getting games ahead of Dessers early in the season, delighted that he's shown so much quality since returning. 

Just shows how bad Beale's judgment really was. 

I think Beale seen Dessers as a key signing and wouldn't give up no matter how bad he performed.

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

If he was a bit more consistent with his finishing he'd end up with 35 goals a season. He's already on what? 6 or 7 and he's missed a fair few chances and only had a decent run in the team in the last few games

I really like that it doesn't seem to impact the overall level of his performance. He's missed some sitters, should have had 4 Vs Dundee, but the level of his performances haven't dipped during these games. Would like him to be a little more ruthless, but the more games and goals he scores - the more that should come. 

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

I really like that it doesn't seem to impact the overall level of his performance. He's missed some sitters, should have had 4 Vs Dundee, but the level of his performances haven't dipped during these games. Would like him to be a little more ruthless, but the more games and goals he scores - the more that should come. 

Absolutely! His head doesn't go down! He know's he'll get another chance and bury it

14 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

That’s now more true of the whole team too - when things don’t come off I don’t see heads going down they way they did under Beale (and latterly under Gio).  Danilo seems to just be like that character wise though which is exactly what you want from a forward 

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The thing that surprises me most is he wins a fair bit in the air and is also relatively strong in the dual. He's about half the size as Alfie but certainly not half as effective in those situations. 

That header which led to his injury was a belter!