Sunday Mail and my letter

Smurf1873

Wrote to the Sunday Mail at the weekend questioning if the "YouTube" story was worthy of front page headlines while the paper almost completely ignored the Police brutality wraught on our fans in Pamplona , i pointed out that while the headline story was newsworthy that surely the Sunday Mail being a paper for Scotland the Scots would have been better advised leading on the brutality of the Spanish Police seeing as so many of us holiday there and so many of our football fans will probably have to travel there in the future , i asked if this was not more in the public interest.

Reply from N Sylvestre (i think thats how you spell it)

"Thank you for taking the time to contact the Sunday Mail with your comments , your points have been noted"

That was it !!!!!!!!.....so much for them being For Scotland and Scots eh ???

Wrote to the Sunday Mail at the weekend questioning if the "YouTube" story was worthy of front page headlines while the paper almost completely ignored the Police brutality wraught on our fans in Pamplona , i pointed out that while the headline story was newsworthy that surely the Sunday Mail being a paper for Scotland the Scots would have been better advised leading on the brutality of the Spanish Police seeing as so many of us holiday there and so many of our football fans will probably have to travel there in the future , i asked if this was not more in the public interest.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact the Sunday Mail with your comments , your points have been noted"

Mate I dont know why ye read that pesh anyway and I wouldnt waste my time askin them anything they are just a cheap Sunday rag owned by the English

They represent feckin hee haw except thier loud scum mouths (beer)

Mate I dont know why ye read that pesh anyway and I wouldnt waste my time askin them anything they are just a cheap Sunday rag owned by the English

They represent feckin hee haw except thier loud scum mouths (beer)

What is better , challenging it or hoping it'll go away ????

Challenging it of course, from those choices. Either way though it seems you will be ignored, so doing anything at all seems folly.

I've spent a lot of time reading and sorting through different news agencies regarding the events in Osasuna and I must agree it seems there's a complete whitewashing of the facts going on. Not being there, or even in Europe, I must rely on "independent" and "fair" news reporting to get my facts.

What a struggle I had in finding independent and fair reporting.

Although I think those doing the sectarian chanting were morons I think that almost every paper out there sensationalisies things to sell papers. That's why I don't buy them. Buying the rags encourages them to do it. I do read newspapers online, but don't pay for it.

I will give you an example of how much they sensationalise. A few weeks ago the Paisley Daily Express reported that a man had been shot in the legs with a shotgun in Ferguslie Park. It was front page news. Their only proof was a sole witness who said they heard loud banging like a shotgun.The witness said it was a ganglang fued. That they were terrified, etc.

Scary stuff eh?

Well, I know who the guy is. He wouldn't say boo to you. He wasn't shot with a shotgun... he was shot with a Ball Bearing gun. The ones wains use.... essentially a toy. He walked away from the incident. He has no ganglang connections whatsoever either.

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. OOOps... someone did, eh?