Rangers Today!

doddsyRFC

Been away on an IFA course today doing my level 1 coaching badges and didn't have the chance to come over to the game. Just wan't to ask a few questions.

1. What was Weiss's performace like today ?

2. How did Jelavic do and what was the reception he got like?

3. What was Beattie's performance like?

Cheers.

Weiss was good, he was always keen to get on the ball, get the ball into the box as quickly as possible and wasnt afraid to have a dig, some cracking set piece delivieres too

Jelavic did alright, he came on to a great reception, set up naismith for a header he should have buried and linked up very well when given the ball, was a little unfortunate not to get a goal when the ball was cut back to him but it was just behind him

Was more of the same from Beattie, linked up a lot better today but never really had much chances in front of goal other than a speculative long range drive

The overall performance was ok, i dont think it was bad as people made out, we had a lot of stray passes at times and St Johnstone gave us a good game but we were strong in the second half and quite honestly pummeled them in the second half with very little to show for it. Need to sort out the ball watching from Papac though

Weiss was MOTM, played quite well - made good runs again and whipped in some good crosses.

Jelavic looked quite decent today from what I seen of him - put himself about well, looks strong and willing to chase every ball

Beattie still looks unfit and I won't be judging him until he is fully fit.

Overall it wasn't really a good performance today but sometimes you have to win the hard way. 3 points is all that matters.

Weiss played well, good to see someone trying to take players on n put balls in the box and create chances. He got Man of the Match aswell. Big jela got a brilliant reception when he came on but didnt get to see much of him as he only came on with 20mins to go. And big beattie still looks off th pace imo, does most of his work off the ball, like chasing down defenders, but the big man is giving it 100% to try and impress us. And last answer to the overall performance, is that a thought once rangers went a goal down the played quite well and were decent enough to watch. McCulloch, Papac, Naismith and Weiss were th best today imo! 3IAR :rolleyes:

Weiss -got MOTM and every time he got on the ball he looked to make something happen, persistently fouled tho but was very good.Also his delivery is sensational, nearly every cross was fantastic.

Jelavic - Hard to judge the big man but looked very good at linking up and made alot of good runs, got a fantastic reception.

Beattie - Still looks unfit but was chasing the ball down alot and his link up play was pretty decent.There was next to no service for the guy tho and its a shame as he was making great runs.

Jelevic reminds me a bit of Prso, not in posture etc, but in that he won't wait around for the midfield to provide the service necessarily, but will drop deep if need be and make it happen himself- I liked what I saw in the guy, for the Scottish game, and by the fact he is a Croat- he will know how to use the ball. Weiss was enthusiastic, maybe wanted to please the fans a bit too much, but got into the game at times and looks promising. Beattie shows great touch on the ball at times, I like him.