The Founders Trail - Information Thread

Further to the incredible response from Rangers supporters world-wide to the Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour which has been running this year, we're delighted to now announce dates for the Autumn.

We will run Tours on the following days:

Sunday 19th September

and

Sunday 17th October.

Saturday 23rd October

We currently have a reserve list in operation for Sunday 18th July and may yet squeeze in anothet Tour before the start of the season.

If you'd like to book on any of these dates please email Iain at thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com and i'll take it from there.

Come along and join us and help spread the Greatest Story Never Told.............until now.

11186qp.jpg

From Moonlighter:

Due to the incredible response to the Founders Trail, we've decided to add an extra date next month.

We will now run on :

Sunday 25th July.

We have an extensive waiting list for Sunday 18th July and we've contacted those people first to give them the option of moving dates.

However, there are plenty of seats available for anyone who wishes to take the Journey of Discovery and celebrate our Founders.

We will once again depart the John Greig Statue at 12pm and make our way around Glasgow visiting the various locations that were important in the Rangers early years as well as the sites of the various homes we've had since 1872.

We arrive back at Ibrox Stadium for the Tour at 3.30 pm.

If you require further information or would like to reserve a seat, please drop me a note at : thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

From The Moonlighter:

We've had a few enquiries during the course of the summer from our Supporters Clubs to do the Founders Trail and Stadium Tour on a private hire basis.

I just like to say we can accommodate Clubs or groups ouwith the advertised dates if suits.

Just drop me a PM or an email to thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com to discuss.

Cheers.

Update from TheMoonlighter

Just a wee update for anyone's who's booked on the Founders Trail and Stadium Tour this coming Sunday, the 18th of July.

The Open-Top Bus, which once again is a complete sell-out, will leave from the John Greig Statue outside Ibrox Stadium at 12pm sharp. It would be appreciated if everyone could be there for 11.45.

No tickets have been issued for the bus, just give your name to 'Olive' as you board.

We have a lot to cover during the day as we make our way around Glasgow visiting sites such as Fleshers Haugh,Berkeley Street,Burnbank, Kinning Park and many more.

Due to popular demand we will once again have a 30 minute 'Pit-Stop' at West of Scotland Cricket Club in Partick. It's a beautiful setting and the scene of Rangers first ever Scottish Cup Final in 1877.

Much more about that on the day.

We arrive back at Ibrox Stadium at 3.30pm for the Tour which takes just over an hour.

We look forward to sharing our wonderful story with you all on sunday.

i went on this tour today with cashncarry and our dads and it was a great day out

i would like to thank the guys who organised it as it was very informative day about our founders

will bang up some pics when i get them sorted and was good to see mcboyd with his camera taking some snaps

From The Moonlighter :

Id just like to thank everyone from Rangers Media who made the journey of discovery yesterday.

Having the opportunity to chat to so many Bears from these pages was the highlight of the day for myself.

It was another cracking day out, the weather stayed kind and i think the opportunity of a pint at Hamilton Cresent was welcomed by all.

Our next Trail is on Sunday 15th August, for further information please contact myself at :

thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

Iain

More info from Iain:

Another very successful Founders Trail was ran last Sunday 25th July.

It was wonderful to have so members from the Kirkintilloch Rangers Supporters Club along for the journey.

1y7h1f.jpg

29kutmw.jpg

We'll publish a link early next week to our own website which will allow supporters to read at leisure the many articles we refer to during the Founders Trail.

Our next Tour is on Sunday 15th August, for further information please contact myself at::

Iain.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a big thanks to the orgnanisers of the Founders Trail Tour yesterday. It's an excellent day out and both my dad and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Big recommend for all bears interested in where we began (surely all of us?).

:praise: :praise:

Bit sunburnt mind you from open top bus.

Once again a cracking day out yesterday, the sun shone brightly on the his ain folk , but that's what usually happens eh ?

Thanks again for the swathes of positive feed-back from people who have taken the journey with us.

Here's a few pics to enjoy.

bg30hs.jpg

2ugebdx.jpg

dw8cpg.jpg

21jy8gh.jpg

Details of future Tours in here.

www.thegallantpioneers.co.uk

We recently met with Visit Scotland with a view to taking the Founders Trail out into the Tourist Market.

Our wonderful story continues to spread.

http://blog.thegalla...neers.co.uk/wp/

I fully plan on taking my wife on that next year when we visit Scotland on holiday.

Great day out.

What we found most intriguing was during the meeting with Visit Scotland when we presented the project the Old Firm divide wasn't mentioned once.

No concerns about supposed sectarianism etc, nothing.

It was all about the boys story and the positive promotion of Glasgow.

I found that really encouraging.

Due to incredible demand we're delighted to announce an additional date this Autumn.

We'll now also operate on Saturday 23rd October.

We still have a few seats left on :

Sunday 19th September

and

Sunday 17th October.

If you'd like join us and take our Journey of Discovery then drop me an email to :

We can also be found here.

http://www.thegallantpioneers.co.uk/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday September 6th 2009 saw the Grand-Daughter of our Founder Peter McNeil unveil the plaque dedicated to the memory of our Founders at Fleshers Haugh.

Since that remarkable day, the Founders Trail has been established which has led to many Rangers supportes visiting the location at the Football Centre on Glasgow Green.

http://www.thegallantpioneers.co.uk/The-Founders-Plaque-at-Fleshers-Haugh.html

From ML:

Our Founders Have a Midweek Fixture!!! Wednesday 6th October to be exact.

We've had a confirmed block booking for the Founders Trail and Stadium Tour from a Masonic Lodge based in the south of England who are travelling to Glasgow for an event on this date

So, if you normally find yourself working weekends then this may be the ideal opportunity to hear our wonderful story. If you'd like to book a seat on this Trail then drop me a note to:

thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com and i'll do the rest.

Iain.