Managers Mail

BLUEDIGNITY

Heading north in good shape

IT'S been a great week for us after our 4-0 win over Dundee United and then our 7-2 victory against Dunfermline and I'm encouraged by that as we head to Pittodrie on Sunday.

We always get it tough there and we always seem to bring the best out of the Aberdeen team.

We go up in a decent level of form. We started the season quite slowly but I feel we are picking up now.

Last Saturday was the best we have played in terms of having a good edge on our game and we scored some terrific goals in our League Cup win over Dunfermline on Tuesday night.

Hopefully that will stand us in good stead when we go up there for Sunday's game.

The games have always been tight at Pittodrie but we have had a couple of disappointing performances in the last two seasons.

So I would hope we can play well and secure the win we want.

It looks like it's going to be tight at the top, but it has been like that for the past few seasons.

There seems little doubt that consistency is going to be key for us this season, but it is the same every season.

Going by the first five games the margin for error is going to be slim so we will have to take maximum points from the majority of the games which is always a difficult task.

Of course, our second Champions League game is coming up next Wednesday night and the match with Bursaspor will be a difficult one.

I think their 4-0 defeat by Valencia was misleading in the sense that they were maybe caught out a little in what was their first taste of football at this level.

We have already watched them three times and Ian Durrant will go again tomorrow night so that we are ready and prepared.

Walter Smith

:sherlock: