Xbox 360

True_Blue_Gal

What are ur opinions on this console? I really like games like elder scrolls and don't think you can get it for another console. Was thinking of buying one but have heard of faults and the consoles breaking down, are pc games just as good?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Euronymous

Fucking awesome console.

PES6 is awesome on Live. You can play a few of us on it if ya get it. ;)

Enchanted Arms is something like Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy, but for Xbox 360 only - love the game.

Only fault i've had with it is when discs are scratched to fuck which is normal for any consoles that uses disc (swap discs with blockbusters and complain that it doesnt work if its a game ya love) :)

Hehe, any questions, ask.

Guest Euronymous
My xbox keeps on freezing & get the red light thing every now and again. but the games are amazing and xbox live is the best been a member for 1 year and about 3 months

That reminds me.. want a game of PES6 Jigga? -_-

I prefer the games for x box and both my brothers do too , will need to buy one . The fiance thinks i am mad for liking the games but will need to get one. Just spotted an expansion game based on Elder Scrolls Oblivian and the graphics look awesome

Guest Euronymous
good game euronymous better luck next time ;)

Hah! First game i got screwed over in the second half! Plus me giving away penalties didn't help..

Second game i played better (or you played worse). Until extra time i thought it was pretty close. I just hate defending lol!

good game euronymous better luck next time ;)

Hah! First game i got screwed over in the second half! Plus me giving away penalties didn't help..

Second game i played better (or you played worse). Until extra time i thought it was pretty close. I just hate defending lol!

the first game was just total rapage :P 6-0 and the second game my shooting was shite 2-1

TBH it's going to get it ass kicked by PS3. I've been disappointed i thought it would be much better than this. It just looks old and fat compared to the PS3.

The games haven't been that good.

Gears of war and Oblivion are really the only stand out in the years it's been out which is pretty poor.

Plus it's not a true next gen console.

TBH it's going to get it ass kicked by PS3. I've been disappointed i thought it would be much better than this. It just looks old and fat compared to the PS3.

Gears of war and Oblivion are really the only stand out in the years it's been out which is pretty poor.

uhhh.. please explain?

uhhh.. please explain?

Still playing games on dvds.

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

My pc already kicks the shit into the xbox.

Have to buy a HD DVD drive but only to watch HD DVDS not to play games as Microsoft don't intend to put games on HD DVDs

It's just not a true next gen console like the ps3.

This is why i've been let down big time by the 360. PS3 are taking the risk and from what i've seen it's paying off.

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

Have to buy a HD DVD drive but only to watch HD DVDS not to play games as Microsoft don't intend to put games on HD DVDs

This is why i've been let down big time by the 360. PS3 are taking the risk and from what i've seen it's paying off.

how is it paying off :rolleyes:

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

Beacuse it looks amazing plays better graphics are much better than the 360 doh doh doh doh

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

Beacuse it looks amazing plays better graphics are much better than the 360 dohdohdohdoh

i thought you meant is sales ;) afterall making a superb console is no use unless it sells well

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

Beacuse it looks amazing plays better graphics are much better than the 360 dohdohdohdoh

i thought you meant is sales ;) afterall making a superb console is no use unless it sells well

And it will mate. Just needs time and some killer games to come out for it. eg. Metal Gear Solid 4

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

And it will mate. Just needs time and some killer games to come out for it. eg. Metal Gear Solid 4

aye WILL is different from IS ;)

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

I'm sure it is. :mellow:

Playstation will always sell no matter what.

The hardcore games will buy the ps3 no matter what the price is. Once the component prices come down the system price will fall and people will be snapping them up.

Like i've said before the ps3 will be the better console not just now but in the long run. It's got better hardware and more potential than the 360. People who are willing to shell out 300+ quid on a 360, IMO, are mad when for a extra 100 quid you can have a ps3.

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

I'm sure it is. :mellow:

Playstation will always sell no matter what.

The hardcore games will buy the ps3 no matter what the price is. Once the component prices come down the system price will fall and people will be snapping them up.

Like i've said before the ps3 will be the better console not just now but in the long run. It's got better hardware and more potential than the 360. People who are willing to shell out 300+ quid on a 360, IMO, are mad when for a extra 100 quid you can have a ps3.

ok

Guest TheQueensXI

uhhh.. please explain?

Doesn't support HDMI

Doesn't support 1080p

Doesn't support HDMI
http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/15/wheres-...360-hdmi-cable/
Doesn't support 1080p

Not true - games must support minimum 720. The console can output 1080i with no problems.

http://www.coldforged.org/archives/2006/11...and-hd-dvd-faq/

And it will kick the arse off ps3 next year. pcs will always catch up and overtake the consoles very quickly. just wait till vista comes along with the latest incarnation of direct x.

No they dont, but very few titles in the last generation needed the space on a dvd disc. dreamcast worked fine with a gigabyte-capacity cd, storage isnt a huge issue. and to release games for an add-on drive is madness (megadrive mega cd anyone? the reason snes didnt get one. and it became the playstation funnily enough....)

PS3 is taking a risk but its the last out so technically it has to be superior - that i cant deny, it looks magic :) .

I really dont see the point i comparing consoles on technical specifications. no-one cares what the nintendo wii has inside, its a nintendo, its innovative (motion sensitive dual-shocks came from somewhere...) and the games are fun, and probably will have some of the best around for years to come.

the graphical capabilities of both consoles will not be pushed to the limit for years yet.

the blue ray drive is a good thing, it makes it cheap in comparisen to a movie player, but it will keep the cost high for two years minimum. plus there is not really a huge market for the discs yet - you cant go into hmv and get as large a selection as you would dvds. dont expect dvds to die out for at least 5-6 years, they may take as long as cds did to break the music market. if they do...

and even at that, the future between hd-dvd and blueray is not yet clear. the camp is pretty much split between the two and neither format will be able to take over dvd until the other has diminished. the blueray is superior (standard discs anyways) but then so was betamax. and phillips digital tape was superior to cds, but never took off. the future of that will be in the hands of the movie companies (of which hd-dvd has a larger share of). in saying that, one will probably become a standard for computers, the other for movies. who knows. or cares. one thing is for sure - they will be pretty pointless until high definition is the norm.

the ps3 looks amazing. id say id favour an xbox, because of the tie-ins it has with vista and your pc, live is fantastic and of course halo3 & gta4. but if i had the cash to shell out for a ps3 i would.

at the end of the day - its all down to the games.

xbox looks fat compared to the ps3. have u seen the size of a ps3 or felt the weight of the thing(yes the power supply is inside the console but its still huge with that in mind)

the ps3 wont have any stand out games out for another year or so imo.

so at the moment the xbox is the better console imo

xbox looks fat compared to the ps3. have u seen the size of a ps3 or felt the weight of the thing(yes the power supply is inside the console but its still huge with that in mind)

the ps3 wont have any stand out games out for another year or so imo.

so at the moment the xbox is the better console imo

I wouldn't say xbox is the better console...it's just got a better range of games.

I just think xbox offered so much but delivered so little.