Ok Bears,Derek McInnes And Ally McCoist...

Pete_Rangers

McCoist has earned the opportunity to manage Rangers, but if he wasn't already lined up for the job then McInnes would be my pick and I think if he continues to do a job akin to what he's doing now he'll be seriously considered next time the job comes around.

He's done a superb job there and he's still only 39 in ten years time he'd still be considered a fairly young gaffer.

Well said bud,but i'm afraid if wee don't snap him up know we will be left wondering...what if this had happened..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you not see the point in thinking about the Rangers?

"Thinking About Rangers" ? Of course I am. Derek McInnes is a rookie manager at the moment so why would we want to take a chance with him at the moment? We have McCoist, McDowall and Durrant at Ibrox - why would we want Derek McInnes? He and Billy Davis MIGHT be Gers Managers in future but at the moment, they're just 'cutting their teeth'.

As far as I'm concerned, we already have a management team for next season.

Of course, you will not agree with me - but that choice.

Goodnight Bears All Over The World.

"Avoided relagation thanks to a poor Falkirk team"? <cr>

7 Hamilton Academical 38 13 10 15 39 46 −7 49

8 St. Johnstone 38 12 11 15 57 61 −4 47

9 Aberdeen 38 10 11 17 36 52 −16 41

10 St. Mirren 38 7 13 18 36 49 −13 34

11 Kilmarnock 38 8 9 21 29 51 −22 33

12 Falkirk ® 38 6 13 19 31 57 −26 31

Anyone's intitled to say they don't think Derek is right for the Rangers job but at least get some facts correct. They were in contention for the top 6 right up until the last game before the split, and never in danger of the drop!

Haha, maybe you should get over the fact that because saints nearly bet a poor celtic team, and survived relagation thanks to a poor falkirk team and other poor teams last year, that McInnes deserves a rangers job, then you are clearly not right minded. Why should we change a winning system ? Is McInnes as good as Smith ?

Is there any point in debating with you?You act like a little nerd that wants to be loved.

If you want too debate,carry on,i will, but if you just want too name call,i can't be arsed.

"Thinking About Rangers" ? Of course I am. Derek McInnes is a rookie manager at the moment so why would we want to take a chance with him at the moment? We have McCoist, McDowall and Durrant at Ibrox - why would we want Derek McInnes? He and Billy Davis MIGHT be Gers Managers in future but at the moment, they're just 'cutting their teeth'.

As far as I'm concerned, we already have a management team for next season.

Of course, you will not agree with me - but that choice.

Goodnight Bears All Over The World.

Goodnight and thank fuck MR clueless (tu)

In the six seasons before he became the Rangers manager Alex McLeish fought two relegation battles with Motherwell, got Hibs relegated and promoted again at the first time of asking, finished mid table twice and then finished third and recahed a Scottish Cup final.

That's hardly a record that would suggest he was capable of making the step up to manager Rangers but he did it and despite what some people think he did it well.

Eck done well, no denying that. That shouldn't be used as a reason for why McInnes should be considered for the job, at the end of the day he's still only beating less than mediocre teams. It worked out for McLeish but that doesn't mean it will work out for Derek McInnes because he's done better with the teams he's been at before coming here.

Haha, maybe you should get over the fact that because saints nearly bet a poor celtic team, and survived relagation thanks to a poor falkirk team and other poor teams last year, that McInnes deserves a rangers job, then you are clearly not right minded. Why should we change a winning system ? Is McInnes as good as Smith ?

McInnes is not "as good as Smith" but given that he's retiring at the end of the season we obviously need someone else, and like a lot of folk I have my doubts over McCoist, likeable as he is. McInnes has done very well with a small club and limited resources, and certainly has a much more encouraging CV than Ally.

In an ideal world i'd go for a manager that's a bit more "box office" but there's unlikely to be too many of them throwing their hat into the ring.

Eck done well, no denying that. That shouldn't be used as a reason for why McInnes should be considered for the job, at the end of the day he's still only beating less than mediocre teams.It worked out for McLeish but that doesn't mean it will work out for Derek McInnes because he's done better with the teams he's been at before coming here.

Would these teams be the same ones we play week in, week out?

And on a fraction of the money Smith has had to spend?

How the hell do we choose managers then, outwith McCoist taking over? A lot managers will have to start off at smaller clubs with resources which will only allow them to take them so far, Fergie started off at East Stirling and St Mirren and did decent jobs with the resources he had and now look at him.

McInnes is the kind of manager we should be going for if Ally isn't taking over, unless of course Mourinho realises a sudden ambition to manage Rangers.

Would these teams be the same ones we play week in, week out?

And on a fraction of the money Smith has had to spend?

In case you haven't noticed We're in Europe as well, and their's pressure on us to win every game against those mediocre teams, where as at St Johnstone their probably a bit more laid back and less of a "must win every game" attitude you have at Rangers.

How the hell do we choose managers then, outwith McCoist taking over? A lot managers will have to start off at smaller clubs with resources which will only allow them to take them so far

That is my point about derek.

Ally and Derek will make a good team.

If people don't like that opinion,well who cares that is my opinion. (tu)

Based on what ?

the fact that Coisty has managed a few cup games (all against shite teams), 3 have been taken to a replay, one of which we lost, and another 2 has had us needing extra time & pens to get through.

McInnes has been promoted with St.Johnstone, and had 2 respectable finishes and worked wonders (in St.J's temrs).

In case you haven't noticed We're in Europe as well, and their's pressure on us to win every game against those mediocre teams, where as at St Johnstone their probably a bit more laid back and less of a "must win every game" attitude you have at Rangers.

Are wee still in Europe?I thought we were out of Europe!Or was I at the wrong game?