Rangers Defence

djbroxybear

I am concerned at the amount of cheap goals we are concedeing, our defence in last 2 years has been impecable this season its a shambles. Is it down to Big Davie matches catching up with him needs rested, Bougherra fannying about and thinks hes better than he actually is, Whitty is not a right back his defending is terrible i would rather see him playing in midfield, Papac is a failed centre half who was moved to left back i think he tends to get caught out more often than not, Broadfoot has been injury prone brought in as a centre half and has been playing at right back better than Whitty at defending but not the answer we havn't replaced Hutton IMO, And Webster Sick Note will this guy ever get a run injury free in the team i don't see it we should pump him in January.

2008/2009 and 2009/2010 Seasons = 38 games 28 goals conceded each season.

So far this Season 12 games played 13 goals conceded 7 goals conceded at home in 5 games.

In my opinion its the system we play i.e. in the CL or against Celtic we play deep and allow teams to come on to us.We seem to be able to cope with that with both Miller and Naismith very fast on the break.In other games where we are expected to be more expansive then we just dont have the players with pace to cope with a counter attack.It seems to me that Davie plays in the same area no matter what the game and this opens up gaps between midfield and defence.Saw it last night when Liam Miller played in that space and virtually ran the game.I have never fancied Whittaker as a defensive RB and even going forward he sometimes gives me the shits with really poor passing and/or getting caught in possession exposing us badly.The rest of the SPL seem to have caught on to Boughie getting the notion he is a RW and his runs this season are leading us nowhere.The real problem to me is lack of pace in both defence and midfield as we are always susceptible to the ball over the top if we are caught upfield.I cannot see any quick fix given what we have but we do need to get in a CB with pace as a matter of urgency to replace Davie.We can forget about sicknote Webster.He just doesnt have the strength of character to play for us and would rather feel a twinge somewhere than accept a starting place.One last thing.Has anyone noticed how piss poor our passing is in the last few games? We dont even seem to have the basics right and I have watched 1 or 2 so called lesser teams pass it in amongst us and make us look far inferior to them.

I am concerned at the amount of cheap goals we are concedeing, our defence in last 2 years has been impecable this season its a shambles. Is it down to Big Davie matches catching up with him needs rested, Bougherra fannying about and thinks hes better than he actually is, Whitty is not a right back his defending is terrible i would rather see him playing in midfield, Papac is a failed centre half who was moved to left back i think he tends to get caught out more often than not, Broadfoot has been injury prone brought in as a centre half and has been playing at right back better than Whitty at defending but not the answer we havn't replaced Hutton IMO, And Webster Sick Note will this guy ever get a run injury free in the team i don't see it we should pump him in January.

2008/2009 and 2009/2010 Seasons = 38 games 28 goals conceded each season.

So far this Season 12 games played 13 goals conceded 7 goals conceded at home in 5 games.

Cant argue with much if any of this.