READ THIS - RELIGIOUS HATRED STRATEGY ACPOS

Wienblue

BEARS (incl - IB) :

Please read the following media release from the Scottish Police Service (Association of Chief Police Officers on Scotland). And the three points deduction rule has also ben issued ?

I would suggest that the "intolerance part" could be directed towards the Aberdeen fans and some others for their non-religious but offensive and intolerant songs.

Religious hatred ? - well, pls. be on guard, BUT, it can also refer to those who sign - religious songs against us, or remarks with an "orange content therein" etc; etc.

You need to know these things - AND use the law to your advantage !!!!!

Scottish Police Service develops action plan to tackle religious hatred and intolerance

STIRLING - The Scottish Police Service will unveil a key tool in its efforts to reduce religious hatred and intolerance at an inter faith council conference tomorrow.

Deputy Chief Constable Colin Mather, Chair of the Religion and Faith Reference Group for the Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland (ACPOS), will speak about the strategic goals of the Association's Religion and Faith Reference Group Action Plan at the Scottish Inter Faith Council's seminar for women in Stirling on Wednesday 28 March.

The action plan addresses seven goals that the Scottish Police Services hopes to achieve in making Scotland a country free from hatred, prejudice and discrimination founded on religion, faith or belief.

ACPOS is working closely with community, religious and faith groups, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) and other relevant stakeholders to realise its vision.

DCC Mather said: "The Scottish Police Service is committed to addressing issues of religious hatred and intolerance and this priority forms a key element of the Association's Diversity Strategy. The ACPOS Religion and Faith Reference Group was established as part of the strategy to provide dedicated leadership and focused organisational commitment to take this forward,"

Pramila Kaur, Executive Director of the Scottish Inter Faith Council, stated: "ACPOS and faith communities have a significant role to play in responding to situations of crisis and to promote good community relations. At times of tension, there can be a break down of communication and a loss of trust. A document such as the ACPOS 'Religion and Faith Action Plan' is a positive step towards building bridges and promoting community cohesion. In our shared society, we are deeply interconnected and an attack on one is an attack on all."

A Crown Office Spokesperson said: "COPFS has been pleased to work in partnership with the Scottish Police Service on their Religion and Faith Reference Group and we commend ACPOS for their achievements in developing this action plan which sets out a number of important goals to help eliminate crime aggravated by religious prejudice from Scotland. COPFS looks forward to continuing its work with all of Scotland's Police Forces as we develop further links with local communities and religious and faith groups to help tackle crimes of religious prejudice."

The action plan has strategic goals that will address leadership, awareness, engagement, partnership working, effective policing strategies, consistent reporting and monitoring and consistent responses to victims as well as messaging to offenders.

"We are pleased to be able to present our action plan at the SIFC seminar on Wednesday," Mr. Mather continued.

The Scottish Police Service aims to identify and prevent by working with other agencies crime founded on religion, faith or belief.

In addition, the SPS aims to build upon and promote good relations between religious and faith communities and to celebrate and reinforce the strength that lies in the diversity of Scotland.

"This seminar, entitled 'Looking After One Another: the safety and security of our faith communities' , is an ideal venue to launch our action plan," DCC Mather stressed.

"The Scottish Police Service is in a strong position to face and meet the challenges by working together with our communities as well as with religious and faith organisations and partner agencies."

PUBLISHED ON BEHALF OF ACPOS

0203 28.03.07

so in other words they still haven't a clue what they're going to deem as "sectarian"

You're probably correct, but the message here is - join the forum group (RST etc) and you have a say in the "shape" of things to come and are part of the process, not outside as at the moment !!! You achieve more by engaging with these groups - trust me !!

Just sent a pm to Frankie - advising him re the message and useful contact points.

so in other words they still haven't a clue what they're going to deem as "sectarian"

You're probably correct, but the message here is - join the forum group (RST etc) and you have a say in the "shape" of things to come and are part of the process, not outside as at the moment !!! You achieve more by engaging with these groups - trust me !!

Just sent a pm to Frankie - advising him re the message and useful contact points.

I'm a lifetime member off the RST

tho can we please sack MacMillan from the RSC board as he is nothing more than an embarrassment

Religious hatred and intolerance - deemed by whom? The police?

Surely we cant tolerate the Sheep singing about Ian Durrant and the Ibrox disastor. The extremist Airdrie fans with their Nazi salutes and KKK masks.

This just looks like its heading and aiming for one team only, we have to make sure we're not vicitms of double standards.

In the end, the politician has the easiest job. Tries to wave his magic wand and everything and everyone will seem better. Its out of his hands now, and right on our back.

With all the Gun crimes, rapes, knifings, gangs, robberies, drugs, etc,, going on in Scotland, wouldn't you think that the peelers would better spend their time concentrating on these, rather than having meetings (paid for by the tax payer)

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the UN say that Glasgow was the most violet city in the civilized world? If I am correct, then why are they wasting their time on a wee sing song and some (and it can be hateful) taunts and at football matches.

With all the Gun crimes, rapes, knifings, gangs, robberies, drugs, etc,, going on in Scotland, wouldn't you think that the peelers would better spend their time concentrating on these, rather than having meetings (paid for by the tax payer)

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the UN say that Glasgow was the most violet city in the civilized world? If I am correct, then why are they wasting their time on a wee sing song and some (and it can be hateful) taunts and at football matches.

Yes but Nil By Mouth say it is all caused by the indiginous Protestant population <_<

It's a crock of shit.

Chickens coming home to roost.

I argued at the time that it is simply philosophically wrong to place belief systems on the same level as ethnic origin, disability etc when it comes to equalities type issues.

Having done so the beaurocracies now have to do something to justify their existence.

It's a crock of shit.

Chickens coming home to roost.

I argued at the time that it is simply philosophically wrong to place belief systems on the same level as ethnic origin, disability etc when it comes to equalities type issues.

Having done so the beaurocracies now have to do something to justify their existence.

seems to me that the polis:politians have failed miserably so they're picking on something else "sectarianism" to make the numbers look good

however they don't want t pick on the poor wee discriminated catholics as they will face a backlash from the catholic community in scotland as well as the catholic church

where as the CoS has forgotten what a pair of balls is