Who's to blame?

dellbear72

Who's to Blame  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who's stopping the money?

• Sir David Murray?
    • Lloyds Bank?

should have been given a new contract??

Oh, i caused caos in another thread because of my opinions on this. No mate, not imo, but then i dont want it passed to Ally so theres not much we can do but support our heros and legends.

Like it or lump it im afraid, its Davie Murrays way.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, i caused caos in another thread because of my opinions on this. No mate, not imo, but then i dont want it passed to Ally so theres not much we can do but support our heros and legends.

Like it or lump it im afraid, its Davie Murrays way.

hey mate it`s all about opinions.....it`s being able to accept other peoples opinions that makes yopu stand out

am not sure if super ally has it to be a boss with us but i think he deserves a chance...it`s a big risk and am sure he knows it, i just hope he has the fire in his belly to prove a lot of people wrong...me included

also who really can take us forward right now??

ally is the safe easy option

Couldnt care less, look around, fans need to wake up, the facts are everywhere, from papers, to tv, to radio to government. We dont have many friends, and less in high places nowadays.

we are a easy shot for the press. we need somebody to stand up to them, nobody at rangers gives a f*ck what the press says about the club, the fans and the team...

souness wouldv`ve sorted out a lot of the press fools

people are getting rich off of taking pot shots at rangers fc

Couldnt care less, look around, fans need to wake up, the facts are everywhere, from papers, to tv, to radio to government. We dont have many friends, and less in high places nowadays.

Has it ever been any other way.

(tu)

hey mate it`s all about opinions.....it`s being able to accept other peoples opinions that makes yopu stand out

am not sure if super ally has it to be a boss with us but i think he deserves a chance...it`s a big risk and am sure he knows it, i just hope he has the fire in his belly to prove a lot of people wrong...me included

also who really can take us forward right now??

ally is the safe easy option

Hes certainly an easy option, safe? im not so sure.

I would have loved Paul Lambert to be Gers boss. :(

(tu)

we are a easy shot for the press. we need somebody to stand up to them, nobody at rangers gives a f*ck what the press says about the club, the fans and the team...

souness wouldv`ve sorted out a lot of the press fools

people are getting rich off of taking pot shots at rangers fc

I agree, High Ho Silva would have sorted the club out on and off the field, he was who i wanted before Walter came back. And even now, i wuld still take him, to take that smile off Lennon and Celtics face, i think they will relish facing Allys Rangers, but would not be so happy to face The Messiahs Rangers.

(tu)

Yeah, we used to have fans in high up jobs, important jobs, now it seems everywhere you look, is another T*rrier.

This country has went to the dogs. They are a minority no more.

:(

Scotland in my lifetime has always been dominated by the Labour party.

In 1997 the rest of the country voted New Labour into power.

Downhill ever since.

(tu)

i personally think its david murray, yes 30 odd million is a lot of money but in the grand scheme of things how much does man u owe banks etc? the scottish media i think have took the biscuit when it comes to us and the debt we're in. when in reality we probably do have a bit of cash to spend but its more a case of not wanting to

Yeah, we used to have fans in high up jobs, important jobs, now it seems everywhere you look, is another T*rrier.

This country has went to the dogs. They are a minority no more.

:(

Who are the fans in high places ? Why do we need fans high places ?

Who are the fans in high places ? Why do we need fans high places ?

We dont need them, but it sure helps. Important people have pulling power, money, contacts and friends in places just as high. Its certainly very good PR and pretty huge Kudos.

What fans do you want to know about? They have a supporters club thanks to Dr Death in Westminster, yes the British Govt. which they claim has over 150 members! The Scottish Parliament is also riddled with vermin. The UK music scene, the UK film scene....comedians, our education system, TV celebrities, their Church dictating through their mhedia and TV stations what can and cant be said for and against their religione. What level of fan are you looking for? They have found their way into important and highly paid jobs all over this country they oh so hate yet they possess more posts than any other 'people' creating more jobs for the bhoys as it where, in the process. Sounds like the establishment, eh? Yet they claim WE are the ones running all the shows in town! doh! Deny and deflect, its their way.

Can we claim the same? Not even close. :(

just found out that lloyds own the bank of scotland so am closing my bank account after work and moving to santander other bears should follow suit and teach these bankers not to mess with us

When you read "Rangers get £20m in CL money" why do you think that that money should go straight to buying players.

What about the actual running costs of Ibrox & Murray Park, the wages of the staff, players & management, the costs of running each game i.e. Policing etc.

They all have to be paid BEFORE we can actually spend any cash and as far as i am aware, the money we make from 18 home SPL games including seaosn ticket sales don't go anywhere near to keeping our heads above water.

People seem to forget that !!

just found out that lloyds own the bank of scotland so am closing my bank account after work and moving to santander other bears should follow suit and teach these bankers not to mess with us

Dont go with Satander, if you search the internet news its well reported that if the euro goes down any further it will hump more pressure on the spanish economy and santander being a spanish bank will end up on the brink of going under.

Dellbear, well done coming on here and showing the passion for the Club. You had to withstand the usual idiocy that goes with this Forum, but no matter, you did okay in handling that.

Im not sure what holding a banner in Charlotte Sq. would do though- maybe in the past Sir David Murray would have been in a position to do something, but what do you expect to happen by a protest? I have been told that the Whyte deal is very serious, and that all being equal will manifest. I don't think it's a matter of Sir David just turning round and throwing out the Whyte proposal, and I would suggest to people to consider that Due Dilligence is reciprocal and that everyone with a say at Rangers will being going through Whyte's finances with a fine tooth comb- so it is not just a matter of Whyte looking at Rangers, although it is possible Ellis has been brokering on behalf of someone anyway trying to find a buyer, but Whyte will have be considered on many different levels and both Sir David and the board are possibly going to consider that. Watch this space as they say; time will tell the outcome of what is going to happen at Rangers.

Thanks for your support m8, I know if whyte takes over the full landscape for RFC will change, but my post is about who's in control of the finances at the present time, i.e. we couldn't even offer kenny miller the same wages as he's on at the moment. Plus Sir Walter saying he wanted to sign players in January then saying he probably couldn't afford even a loan signing. Then we had a meeting with lloyds to see what money could be released and found there was none.

With our debt level as it is the bank are raking in at least £1.4m a year in interest from our club.

SDM put donald muir from lloyds on the board to tighten the purse strings and rightly so in a way as this is his expertise, he was originally brought in to MIH to sort the balances out. Dont forget SDM has went from a personal fortune of £600m to around £200 odd million so that to me explains muir coming into RFC.

SDM in the past chased the dream for our club which utimately didn't come to fruition, but what interest does it serve the bank not to take a risk on the scottish champions to invest in the team? Not silly money but a reasonable amount, surely thats looking after your assets?

The poll is wrong, where is Martin Bains name and Walter Smiths?

Smith, Murray and Bain are all possibly, equally to blame for our state. Our off the field affairs in the last 8 years have been nothing short of embarrassing. Walter probably less so to blame as hes only been here 4 years. But all 3 are culpable.

LBG have done, to my mind, nothing wrong, they done us a favour giving us an overdraft of £30m! Did fans think we were going to bump them like Joe Bloggs does? It cant happen. We need to pay it back and thats fair enough.

To answer your question m8, MB and Sir Watty has nothing to do with it. Bain is just SDM puppet, although I have a certain respect for him because b4 he came in if RFC were interested in a player the selling club IMO would say oh its RFC add another million onto the asking price coz they will pay it. I think we've went to far the other way. As to Sir Watty what do you think the outcome would be if he hadn't won 2 leagues? Me thinks the popular opinion would be totally different.

When you read "Rangers get £20m in CL money" why do you think that that money should go straight to buying players.

What about the actual running costs of Ibrox & Murray Park, the wages of the staff, players & management, the costs of running each game i.e. Policing etc.

They all have to be paid BEFORE we can actually spend any cash and as far as i am aware, the money we make from 18 home SPL games including seaosn ticket sales don't go anywhere near to keeping our heads above water.

People seem to forget that !!

No that again is not the point any financial person does an annual forecast as to money in/ money out which is fine. The RFC forecast was drawn up b4 the season started. £10m gauranteed champions league but we earned an extra £8-10m after that. The $64,000 question is where did the extra money go?

To answer your question m8, MB and Sir Watty has nothing to do with it. Bain is just SDM puppet, although I have a certain respect for him because b4 he came in if RFC were interested in a player the selling club IMO would say oh its RFC add another million onto the asking price coz they will pay it. I think we've went to far the other way. As to Sir Watty what do you think the outcome would be if he hadn't won 2 leagues? Me thinks the popular opinion would be totally different.

I disagree, but i will reply properly tmrw, im off to bed for work. Shattered.

(tu)