Arsene Wenger - Central Defender

1 or 2 out of how many he's signed is poor. Think back to the likes of Cygan and Djourou, and now the likes of Koscielny and Squillaci have seemed nothing but shaky.

He just doesn't have the eye for a CB, imo.

Djourou is under rated.

Arsenal haven't lost in the last 20-22 games he's started.

Bougherra is not good enough for Arsenal. Hes been pish for us for months.

Cant remember the last time a saw him make a tackle, his forward runs leave us exposed.

Was solid in Europe. To me it look's like he's bored in the SPL and his attitude hasn't been quite right.

If he want's a move to a top club (he's at one) then he will have to shed some weight. His arse is like the back of the Titanic and he's got a bit of a gut.

Was solid in Europe. To me it look's like he's bored in the SPL and his attitude hasn't been quite right.

If he want's a move to a top club (he's at one) then he will have to shed some weight. His arse is like the back of the Titanic and he's got a bit of a gut.

Spot On. His weight is a big issue for me, dont see him moving for big money in that condition?

I used to love Bougherra but his form has gone, and I just dont think his heart is in it.

Djourou is under rated.

Arsenal haven't lost in the last 20-22 games he's started.

I was thinking he has probably been Arsenal's most improved player this season, but he didn't have the easiest start. So I take that back in fairness.

But it's something as a manager I think Wenger criminally misses and underrates. There is no way Arsene Wenger would of been as successful early on in his career at Highbury, if he hadn't of inherited the likes of Keown, Adams, Winterburn, Dixon etc.

Everybody knows that if Arsenal had a solid defence, they would of won something in the past 5 years.

Wenger built the defence of Lauren, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell and Ashley cole which went 38 games unbeaten in a league season.

That probably has alot to do with their attacking options and amazing ball retention. The likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Pires and Henry all at their prime were never going to give the ball away cheaply.

Keown also started more than a quarter of those games and I'm sure acted as much as a defensive manager more than anything on the training ground.

It was a decent defence, Sol Campbell and Vermaelen being the 2 best CB's Wenger has bought. Though surely you can admit the reason Arsenal have failed to win a trophy in the past 5 years is due to their defensive issues.