Rangers Vs Tramps Scottish cup game 1964

trueblue68

Love how the wee man turns , arms upraised, to the unwashed hordes!

Also notice how there is no police line separating fans in the 'Cowshed'...the dividing line appears to happen naturally, although it cannot be seen where it is!

There's a famous picture of Henderson's celebration, i'll try dig it out.

I can almost see myself in that clip behind the goal...What a day that was and Wee Wullie was playing out of his skin. He said afterwards that he felt like jumping up and down behind the goal but thought better of it. :lol:

Nah he knew fine well that it was the orange and masonic players in the Celtic team that backed off and let him score, while the ref (who's sister once sat on the number 12 bus next to an apprentice joiner who's father came from Larkhall) turned a blind eye to Jimmy Millar punching the non orange and masonic players out the road with his fists. To celebrate any more would have been taking the piss that we didn't win on our own merits (tu).

I must admit that it definitely was a conspiracy :crabflute:

We were talking to wee Willie at Airdrie Cross on the Monday after the game and he seriously said that he felt like celebrating behind the goal...Now whether he was kidding or not I'm not sure, but knowing that wee bugger from the 'Cruix, I wouldn't put it past him. (tu)