Mr "fucking" Negative

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldnt read too much into things there, just cause i never wrote what ya said, one game what ? i know its more than one game where we have been piss poor but we scored and should have kept a clean sheet, call me optimistic or just someone who is behind them all till the end of the season, then ill have a wee greet, but in the meantime ill trust them to do a job and win things by the end oh the season

as much as i admire your optimism mate, its been too many "wake up calls" or whatever the players want to describe it as

will it take they bastards winning the league before everyone wakes up and thinks, "oh fuck something isnt right here"

as much as i admire your optimism mate, its been too many "wake up calls" or whatever the players want to describe it as

will it take they bastards winning the league before everyone wakes up and thinks, "oh fuck something isnt right here"

Prevention better than cure. 100 times out of 100.

Then that's your natural optimistic perspective and that's fine. However the majority can't be fucked with little lectures telling them they are over-reacting and get behind the team.

As Walter Smith Legend says, whatever opinions anyone has on here doesn't filter to the dressing room. No matter how much some folk think. So "support the team" as a response doesn't come into it.

i aint lecturing at all, just my opinion on the forum

I'm sick of this shite.

Sporting Lisbon was there for the taking. Like so many teams this season.

When we actually got the ball on the deck a couple of times and drove, we didn't do too badly.

Then it soon reverted back to sittin deep.

I can't wait until he's gone. Honestly.

and Lafferty upfront himself? where's that Harry Callaghan tonight?

Aye, you never supported Rangers during the Uefa Cup Final season, eh?

Weiss claims Walter went daft at them for sitting back and even if he did that to protect his manager, the lads need to take a long hard look at themselves (Lafferty in particular) because whenever my coach told us to defend a lead, he never told us to fuck up our actual chances of improving the lead.

Waken up and realise Walter is not the only problem, ffs

ask me after sunday

Aye, you never supported Rangers during the Uefa Cup Final season, eh?

Weiss claims Walter went daft at them for sitting back and even if he did that to protect his manager, the lads need to take a long hard look at themselves (Lafferty in particular) because whenever my coach told us to defend a lead, he never told us to fuck up our actual chances of improving the lead.

Waken up and realise Walter is not the only problem, ffs

I went to every single game that season. Home, away and Europe away. I would put my life on you not being able to say the same.

Regarding the rest of your point I had the same criticisms of Smith, especially after the final where he played for penalties.

I am not someone with a short memory or a glory hunter.

Walter Smith might not be the only problem, but most of the problems are his own doing and every single one of them are his responsibilities with him being the manager. I think you need to waken up.

There are some particularly interesting parallels between Walters first title winning season and this one. Maybe folk won't see it the same way I do...

Particularly the inconsistancy of our players. Davis, Mendes, McCulloch, Ferguson, Miller, Whittaker and at times Bougherra were taking flack for their inconsistant performances during that season. Someone started a thread about consistancy being the holy grail for a professional footballer. A

fter the booze-gate nonsense, up-stepped Maurice Edu into the team and that co-insided with Rangers unbeaten run towards the title. We played some really poor games in that season but we put together a really good run towards the end of the season and claimed the title.

Last season was very positive, besides Europe, in comparison to the 08-09 title winning season. There wasn't much critcism flying around by comparisson to this season and the 08-09 season.

This season Davis, Weiss, Whittaker, Weir, Edu, McCulloch, Bougherra and Lafferty have taken some heavy criticism and the only saving grace for me is that we can only get better, and we have shown at times that we can play some really good stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if Bartley became more of a regular in the team, he could be a catalyst and gives us a real balance in central midfield, much in the way Edu did in the 08-09 title run in. People doubted back then, probably myself included, whether we had the bottle and the determination to win the title but two seasons later, we all know we have a winning mentality and while we've been poor this season (I don't see how anyone can argue we've been below the standards set), this is one thing that I believe in. Our players know how to win titles, they can put together a run when things get tough. They dug out a win in the Cup final with 9 men last year.

There was a bore 0-0 draw at the piggery around this time of the season in the 08-09 season, a game which both sides saw as a must not lose. This game coming, I see as much the same. It wouldn't surprise me if the game ended 0-0 on Sunday.

Again, some may not see the similarities, but I look back and I see similarities that give me a bit of hope that we can turn this inconsistancy around.

Guest SandyWATP

With McKissock or the thread in general mate?

Your post.

I too can't wait for a new manager with fresh ideas - hopefully not McCoist though.

There are some particularly interesting parallels between Walters first title winning season and this one. Maybe folk won't see it the same way I do...

Particularly the inconsistancy of our players. Davis, Mendes, McCulloch, Ferguson, Miller, Whittaker and at times Bougherra were taking flack for their inconsistant performances during that season. Someone started a thread about consistancy being the holy grail for a professional footballer. A

fter the booze-gate nonsense, up-stepped Maurice Edu into the team and that co-insided with Rangers unbeaten run towards the title. We played some really poor games in that season but we put together a really good run towards the end of the season and claimed the title.

Last season was very positive, besides Europe, in comparison to the 08-09 title winning season. There wasn't much critcism flying around by comparisson to this season and the 08-09 season.

This season Davis, Weiss, Whittaker, Weir, Edu, McCulloch, Bougherra and Lafferty have taken some heavy criticism and the only saving grace for me is that we can only get better, and we have shown at times that we can play some really good stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if Bartley became more of a regular in the team, he could be a catalyst and gives us a real balance in central midfield, much in the way Edu did in the 08-09 title run in. People doubted back then, probably myself included, whether we had the bottle and the determination to win the title but two seasons later, we all know we have a winning mentality and while we've been poor this season (I don't see how anyone can argue we've been below the standards set), this is one thing that I believe in. Our players know how to win titles, they can put together a run when things get tough. They dug out a win in the Cup final with 9 men last year.

There was a bore 0-0 draw at the piggery around this time of the season in the 08-09 season, a game which both sides saw as a must not lose. This game coming, I see as much the same. It wouldn't surprise me if the game ended 0-0 on Sunday.

Again, some may not see the similarities, but I look back and I see similarities that give me a bit of hope that we can turn this inconsistancy around.

Our current defence is not a patch on that years defence and their attack and team this year is better than their attack and team that year imo.

There will be goals, we must hope we score more than them.

(tu)

I went to every single game that season. Home, away and Europe away. I would put my life on you not being able to say the same.

Regarding the rest of your point I had the same criticisms of Smith, especially after the final where he played for penalties.

I am not someone with a short memory or a glory hunter.

Walter Smith might not be the only problem, but most of the problems are his own doing and every single one of them are his responsibilities with him being the manager. I think you need to waken up.

No I never went to the majority of games that season, having had to commit my time to my work and family but I did get right behind the manager who came back to help us.

I am looking forward to time after Walter but I will not lay the full blame at Walters' doorstep - even last night he answered the claims on TV that Sporting were in crisus by stating they were in the same boat as Rangers.

Apart from signing Lafferty, Walter remains in my legendary status group and will stay there when he leaves unless he does something crazy before then.

Answer me this please? If Walter was such a negative manager, why would he sign Weiss, Diouff, Foster and Bougherra? All are attacking players who drive forward at the first opportunity.

No I never went to the majority of games that season, having had to commit my time to my work and family but I did get right behind the manager who came back to help us.

I am looking forward to time after Walter but I will not lay the full blame at Walters' doorstep - even last night he answered the claims on TV that Sporting were in crisus by stating they were in the same boat as Rangers.

Apart from signing Lafferty, Walter remains in my legendary status group and will stay there when he leaves unless he does something crazy before then.

Answer me this please? If Walter was such a negative manager, why would he sign Weiss, Diouff, Foster and Bougherra? All are attacking players who drive forward at the first opportunity.

Bougherra is first and foremost a center half who was signed to replace Cueller.

Foster isn't even a regular. We needed defensive cover and he can play right or left back. He likes versatile players.

Weiss is a loan who isn't a regular starter and we all know we needed a winger in the summer and he signed one.

Diouf is just a class act, who when available you would be stupid not to sign.

I don't see how them examples prove or disprove anything to be honest.

Our current defence is not a patch on that years defence and their attack and team this year is better than their attack and team that year imo.

There will be goals, we must hope we score more than them.

(tu)

But it is the same defense. Papac, Bougherra, Weir and Whittaker. Broadfoot swapped in and out with Whittaker but it was Whittaker who held down a place in the title run in. It was inconsistent through-out the 08-09 season until we got down to that run in, but it was still the same personnel.

i love walter and ally they have been great for the club.

but i get so frustrated watching this,i dont know why he cant see when he needs to change it.we played some nice football last night when we got the ball on the ground and had the beating of them last night.i dont know if it is instructions or not for us to sit that deep but surely some1 in the mangment team can see that wee need to push up.

we got the goal most important thing not to lose one.we should be able to keep it tight at the back and still be able to play some football without just shelling long balls up to lafferty.

his lack of changes is beyond me too.edu was a passenger last night everyone could see it.we have a big strong boy on the bench who can come on still keep it tight but can also play a bit.healy could of also made a difference okay he aint fast but if he was given the chances lafferty was im sure he would of scored.

as much as i want ally to come in and do well its maybe not the best thing for the club and walter sorry but i really cant wait for you to leave.

Bougherra is first and foremost a center half who was signed to replace Cueller.

Foster isn't even a regular. We needed defensive cover and he can play right or left back. He likes versatile players.

Weiss is a loan who isn't a regular starter and we all know we needed a winger in the summer and he signed one.

Diouf is just a class act, who when available you would be stupid not to sign.

I don't see how them examples prove or disprove anything to be honest.

Get real mate - we all know that in times before, Rangers have signed or loaned for the hell of it. Walter is in the last year of his tenure at Ibrox and he wants to go out with a win - he signed these guys for that reason.

Are you really saying that Rangers FC were the only club that recognised Diouff as a player?

Are you really saying that Rangers FC recognised Weiss as a quality winger and not an attacking midfielder with pace and skill? Remember who signed a young brother of Michael Laudrup as an attacking midfielder?

Are you really saying that Bougherra (not this year but the most attacking defender I have seen at Ibrox) did not show any form of attacking ability when the scouts watched him prior to Walter signing him?

And are you saying that Foster was signed for the hell of it - even though he made his debut in the Champions League?

I am looking forward to a new Rangers but I will not ridicule a manager who has brought so much cheer to Ibrox.

But it is the same defense. Papac, Bougherra, Weir and Whittaker. Broadfoot swapped in and out with Whittaker but it was Whittaker who held down a place in the title run in. It was inconsistent through-out the 08-09 season until we got down to that run in, but it was still the same personnel.

Whittaker is his usual hit or miss self. Always susceptible to getting roasted by any wingwer with skill or pace.

Papac is nearing the end of a contract, his mind may well be on a move away, incredibly still not tied down(another one) and imo not in the best form of his life.

Weir i dont like criticising any Rangers player, but hes done, plain and simply done, finished, and its affecting our team as a whole.

Bougherra is badly off form, not sure why, maybe in his head he has left, maybe hes sick of playing in such a defensive team, i dont know, but hes not the same Bougherra who went to the World Cup.

I dont think anyone can deny, our defence this year has been appaulling, as a whole Any striker would fancy their chance sup against us right now and that wasnt the case in 08 or 09. Im now expecting us to lose a goal almost every game, and again, that wasnt the case back then. I expected us to keep clean sheet after clean sheet then.

(tu)

Get real mate - we all know that in times before, Rangers have signed or loaned for the hell of it. Walter is in the last year of his tenure at Ibrox and he wants to go out with a win - he signed these guys for that reason.

Are you really saying that Rangers FC were the only club that recognised Diouff as a player?

Are you really saying that Rangers FC recognised Weiss as a quality winger?

Are you really saying that Bougherra (not this year but the most attacking defender I have seen at Ibrox) did not show any form of attacking ability when the scouts watched him prior to Walter signing him?

And are you saying that Foster was signed for the hell of it - even though he made his debut in the Champions League?

I am looking forward to a new Rangers but I will not ridicule a manager who has brought so much cheer to Ibrox.

What are you prattling on about? your mis-understanding the fucking lot.

You asked me to explain the signings. I didn't say they were bad signings or shouldn't have been made.

Except for Foster. He's pish, but at least he gives us some cover at the back which comes in handy.

Whittaker is his usual hit or miss self. Always susceptible to getting roasted by any wingwer with skill or pace.

Papac is nearing the end of a contract, his mind may well be on a move away, incredibly still not tied down(another one) and imo not in the best form of his life.

Weir i dont like criticising any Rangers player, but hes done, plaina nd simply done, finished.

Bougherra is badly off form, not sure why, maybe in his head he has left, maybe hes sick of playing in such a defensive team, i dont know, but hes not the same Bougherra who went to the World Cup.

I dont think anyone can deny, our defence this year has been appaulling, as a whole Any striker would fancy their chance sup against us right now and that wasnt the case in 08 or 09. Im now expecting us to lose a goal almost every game, and again, that wasnt the case back then. I expected us to keep clean sheet after clean sheet then.

(tu)

Fair enough mate (tu)

I just felt we didn't have an invinciblity about us in 08/09 until we hit the title run in around the time of Booze-gate (March of that season?) and we haven't got that invinciblity around us just now either.

I agree on your analysis of the players for the most part, Weir's lost the level of consistancy he had, I expect because he's a year older. Whittaker his patches of good and bad form. Papac is probably the only one of the four who's playing around the same level he always has been, but you're correct about his contract situation and how it could be affecting him.

What are you prattling on about? your mis-understanding the fucking lot.

You asked me to explain the signings. I didn't say they were bad signings or shouldn't have been made.

Except for Foster. He's pish, but at least he gives us some cover at the back which comes in handy.

Prattling?

Nae bother mate - your opinion is paramount and I should bow to it. Aye, okay mate!

As for Foster being pish - now I know you are at it!