The current Scottish football nanny-state.

1st_Jan_1994

Seeing the thread about Old Firm games' Monday night proposal got me thinking.

Are the SFA, the Police, the Old Firm clubs and the Government so backwards and thick that they think these sort of stupid little meetings, statements, incentives, propsals, threats and plans will solve anything?

In fact, they only make things worse.

They think the Old Firm have a monopoly on all things wrong with Scottish society. They don't.

Glasgow has always been a violent city.

Glasgow has always had poverty.

Glasgow has always had domestic abuse.

Glasgow has always had prejudice and bigotry.

They don't stop to think for one moment of the trouble they cause themselfs. You will get many thousands of people who will get even more pished and sing even louder IN SPITE of these arseholes and dinosaurs running the country.

It's our country.

While I think it's right they should be seen to be taking responsibility and trying to do something, they are not doing any good and thus making things worse because of the manner.

The Old Firm and the fans passion is something for Scotland to be proud of and we should embrace it and accept the baggage that comes with it, reluctantly.

This is the only country in the world that would consider banning their biggest draw, the Old Firm game, aswell as bending over backwards to make sure there can't be an Old Firm decider.

There are just as many issues with smaller clubs and their fans - Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs, Hearts and even teams like Falkirk and Airdrie - but fuck all is ever said about them.

All I have been hearing about since our fantastic win in the cup final is the fans singing. Get a fucking life.

All you were going to hear about was how the papes were cheated, how the ref was a mason, how we sang nasty songs or how we would be about to go into administration.

Had timmy won, it'd have been all sweetness and light.

The old firm are a good excuse for the failings of our Governmet, Police Forces, Social Services, etc. in tackiling the real issues.

Yup. I'd give anything to get into the Premiership and get to fuck out of this midden of a society where Rangers are constantly the root of all evil.

Yup. I'd give anything to get into the Premiership and get to fuck out of this midden of a society where Rangers are constantly the root of all evil.

Joining the EPL would have it's benefits mate, but running away is not an option in my opinion.

Rangers FC should stay right where they are, continue to be the country's premier football club, and stand up for itself (and it's supporters) against these people who take every opportunity to diss us.

No Surrender I say. :crabflute:

Joining the EPL would have it's benefits mate, but running away is not an option in my opinion.

Rangers FC should stay right where they are, continue to be the country's premier football club, and stand up for itself (and it's supporters) against these people who take every opportunity to diss us.

No Surrender I say. :crabflute:

I don't consider it running away. It's more moving up in the world and evolving.

However, when the new guys take over if they are prepared to back the fans up and stand upto the fenians, media and Government then I would reconsider and start looking on the brightside again.