Mr Muir our new CEO

Sorry forgot a question mark at the end of the topic title. :blush:

Just a thought, i heard he left a while back but then the Scotsman reported he was in, in the meeting between Whyte and Murray the other day, i was wondering if there will be a place for him in Whytes team. Just noticed on another thread, he has resigned from his post. <cr>

I cant see Mr Whyte hanging onto someone as inept as Martin Bain and due to Mr Muirs excellent work in fixing our clubs finances for the better these last few years, he would know what he is doing in that area of the club.

Dont know what he earns in his current post or what his credentials are long term for the Ranger CEO post but it must be better than being personal chef to the owner, a catalogue model and running a restaurant.

If not Muir, who do we think will be Rangers new Chief Executive? Who is the man to get us the best deals? Negotiate contracts for the good of the club, maximise player sales and get the best deals when signing players?

Maybe now with breathing space financially and money to play with, we wont need to offer players restricted and embarrassing contracts to wear our famous jersey.

We need someone with balls and brains to look after the best interests of our club, whether it be challenging lies in the mhedia, expanding our brand worldwide or signing and selling players.

Oh, and another thing, any chance of our shops back please? :)

ceos do what they are told to do.

i expect bain would be fine under whyte.

Was Bain told to give so many lucrative contracts to so many poor players? Was he told to pay off these players he gave contracts to costing us millions? Was he told to accept the first bid for so many players? And was he told to take losses on several key assets? Was he told to allow contracts for VIPs to run down into their last 12 months? Was he told not to defend the club and fans when we got tore a new one after Manchester. If the answers are yes then i would love to know who was telling him to do so and why.

The why is easy, he was costing us too much money.

Murray let him run the club according to Murray and he made a total cunt of it. He made such a pigs ear of our club, a bank had to take over and demand he took a wage cut or was out the door.

NO chance. This is the banks man. Him and Llyods won't be allowed into Ibrox even if they buy a ticket. His and the banks days are over. The only reason he was on the board was because Llyods demanded it as part of the Overdraft agreement. He was simply a mouth piece for the bank.

NO chance. This is the banks man. Him and Llyods won't be allowed into Ibrox even if they buy a ticket. His and the banks days are over. The only reason he was on the board was because Llyods demanded it as part of the Overdraft agreement. He was simply a mouth piece for the bank.

Some crack pot on here claimed he was Murrays man.

Would be outstanding if our relationship with Lloyds ended too. I want nothing to do with them ever again.

I thought Muir done a decent job, although it was made to look like he was making it hard for Walter to do his job.

He's resigned from his position on the board with immediate effect. He was placed there by SDM who no longer owns Rangers. He has no reason to be here any longer. I very much doubt he'll ever be at Rangers any capacity ever again.

Would it be normal then for him to be at that meeting yesterday Kev?

Donald Muir was the Llyods representative on the Rangers board. He was not appointed by the board but was thrust upon them by the bank. if memory serves (trying to remember

All this from an article few months back) he had significant powers wrt the financial decisions within the club. Now that Llyods are no longer involved with the club neither is Muir.

Donald Muir was the Llyods representative on the Rangers board. He was not appointed by the board but was thrust upon them by the bank. if memory serves (trying to remember

All this from an article few months back) he had significant powers wrt the financial decisions within the club. Now that Llyods are no longer involved with the club neither is Muir.

(tu)

would be the perfect oppertunity for campbell ogilvie to come back but ovo hes taking up his new job this summer :(

Muir can't be trusted so why would we want anything to do with him? In the past and needs to stay there.

A club full of yes men is not going to help us anyway.

CEO is normally owner/big boss appointed. The owner tells him what he wants, and the CEO makes sure that happens. Could be Bain or anyone else for that matter. We need someone ready to put the boot into the other mob and the press, and who has the balls and aggression to do it professionally.

The finances will be arranged and controlled by one of Whyte's men. I assume the accounting firm used in the diligence process were trusted by him, now know the biz inside and out, and thus will be the expected choice for continuing with that role.

No debt is a step forward no matter what.

He's already resigned from the board has he not? Most of the others will be out as well. New broom, clean sweep (more or less) and all that. I'm optimistic that the new management will be great for the club........at least for now.

Was Bain told to give so many lucrative contracts to so many poor players? Was he told to pay off these players he gave contracts to costing us millions? Was he told to accept the first bid for so many players? And was he told to take losses on several key assets? Was he told to allow contracts for VIPs to run down into their last 12 months? Was he told not to defend the club and fans when we got tore a new one after Manchester. If the answers are yes then i would love to know who was telling him to do so and why.

The why is easy, he was costing us too much money.

Murray let him run the club according to Murray and he made a total cunt of it. He made such a pigs ear of our club, a bank had to take over and demand he took a wage cut or was out the door.

yes he was and as for who thats pretty obvious.

The quicker Donald Muir is out of Ibrox the better.

He was Lloyd banks man, nothing more and nothing less. AJ said discussing the club and players at board meetings with him there was difficult. I'll just bet it was.

Bain might be alright but I'll bet Whyte has a few ideas who he wants controlling his club.

Muir can't be trusted so why would we want anything to do with him? In the past and needs to stay there.

A club full of yes men is not going to help us anyway.

CEO is normally owner/big boss appointed. The owner tells him what he wants, and the CEO makes sure that happens. Could be Bain or anyone else for that matter. We need someone ready to put the boot into the other mob and the press, and who has the balls and aggression to do it professionally.

The finances will be arranged and controlled by one of Whyte's men. I assume the accounting firm used in the diligence process were trusted by him, now know the biz inside and out, and thus will be the expected choice for continuing with that role.

No debt is a step forward no matter what.

And Bain can be trusted? <cr>