Quick question

Personally, I don't think the transfer kitty will be boosted by 100% of sales. I also wouldn't expect it to be.

Yes, we should spend ten million because we need to. And we should spend £15 if we can. But we shouldn't be spending twenty if we get, for example, £10 million for Jelavic. Money should be put in reserves for January if we really need it or put into next seasons budget to get more fresh legs for the next campaign.

If Ally can't win the SPL and be more competitive in Europe for £15 million I'd be very surprised. Spending money to make money should always be balanced against ensuring longevity and making sensible investments in other areas. For example, spending that extra £5 million could generate £10 million if overseas marketing is undertaken (pie in the sky figures, I know).

Its a new era under Whyte and I believe he can be the level head we need as we go through this potential (and I know its just potential) boom-time.

Too true. I wonder how often a good bosman comes up in January but we have earmarked all our wages at the start of the season?

Exactly.

Just look where the mega wages and transfer funds got us last time.

Has Craig Whyte said that all money generated will be re-invested?

If so, if we qualify for the champions league. Another £10M

Whyte stated that we would be spending £25m on the playing squad over 5 years, but that he would ask McCoist if he would like to spend a larger proportion of it this summer. There was no mention of reinvesting any other income.