NARSA convention

The main convention starts on Thursday 2nd June with a question and answer session with players past and present who will be in attendance. Some frivolity with after dinner speaker John Gilligan and a disco to follow. We have set up a blue nose bar in the Rosen Center Hotel from 2.00PM-6.00PM daily before the evening entertainment.

Friday morning is the Davie Cooper memorial Golf Tournament. Friday evening is the Tam Plunket Blue night with entertainment provided by the Govan Proddy Boys Flute band and The Mason in the Black Bobby Tait.

Saturday morning is the NARSA AGM for all NATSA members followed by another Q&A session involving Walter Smith, Ian Durrant, Kenny McDowell and Davie Weir all welcome. Saturday evening is the grand Banquet and Dance, Jimmy Nicholl M.C.

We at Orlando RSC will throw a farewell bash at the George and Dragon on Sunday afternoon home of our Orlando supporters club. The GPB, Bobby Tait, and John Gilligan again providing the entertainment.

Evening entertainments are ticket only.

Christ that's ma idea of a cracking wee short break holiday.

Why don't we ever see this advertised well in advance?

Or is it and a jist don't see it?

I've posted about it on here several times over the last year. Not too much response from RM'ers I'm afraid. CR and KPLfishtank have sent me a good article for our convention magazine which I shall post after the convention. Problem is that although we always get a good turnout of ex players, we rarely get too much advance warning of who is coming over.

This years ex players include Ronnie McKinnon, Willie Henderson, Peiter Hustra, Alex McDonald, Jimmy Nicholl and a couple more.

For anyone thinking of a last minute deal, this was posted on FF tonight.

If anyone is maybe considering going.

There are flights from Manchester available with First Choice on Tuesday 31st May, coming back on the 7th June. Sanford is the airport in the Orlando.

The cost per person is £222, add luggage to that if needed for £40.

Hotels are cheap, there will be plenty vacancies at this time of year.

I've posted about it on here several times over the last year. Not too much response from RM'ers I'm afraid. CR and KPLfishtank have sent me a good article for our convention magazine which I shall post after the convention. Problem is that although we always get a good turnout of ex players, we rarely get too much advance warning of who is coming over.

This years ex players include Ronnie McKinnon, Willie Henderson, Peiter Hustra, Alex McDonald, Jimmy Nicholl and a couple more.

KPLfishtank can write?

Is this an annual thing?

I've never been to America and a short break wae something to do such as this would be the ideal tester for someone like myself.

For anyone thinking of a last minute deal, this was posted on FF tonight.

If anyone is maybe considering going.

There are flights from Manchester available with First Choice on Tuesday 31st May, coming back on the 7th June. Sanford is the airport in the Orlando.

The cost per person is £222, add luggage to that if needed for £40.

Hotels are cheap, there will be plenty vacancies at this time of year.

:blink:

That's an amazing deal. Gutted I don't have any spare hols left to use up!

KPLfishtank can write?

Is this an annual thing?

I've never been to America and a short break wae something to do such as this would be the ideal tester for someone like myself.

KPL drew some pictures and CR put them to text :happy:

The convention is the 1st week in June every year. At the AGM on Saturday the clubs vote to see which club will have the honor of hosting. Added bonus when we win the league is that they bring the trophy with them.