Safe Standing

GOAT

Are standing enclosures even illegal? Were/are they not just recommendations of the Taylor Report?

Standing isn't illegal no. But it's against SPL guidlines e.t.c.

Otherwise you wouldn't be ejected by the mob if your standing, you'd be shoved in the back of the meat wagon.

The reason it will never happen is because it will improve the atmosphere, and as we all know by now, any atmosphere at ibrox is a sectarian atmosphere. I fully expect the SNP to release a bill next tuesday allowing authorities to jail anybody who mentions the idea.

Would love to stand at a match! stood for the whole of the cup final vs them last season, and what a cracking atmosphere that was.

yeah it was standing room only that day, one of the best atmospheres in ages, was bouncing on the bus all the way back to Stoke !!

Standing isn't illegal no. But it's against SPL guidlines e.t.c.

Otherwise you wouldn't be ejected by the mob if your standing, you'd be shoved in the back of the meat wagon.

That's what I mean though; couldn't the club say, 'Fuck off, we have our rules for whoever visits the stadium'. SPL guidelines have no weight in law.

Some cunt pishing down your leg?

That happens when you squeeze 20,000 into space for 15,000.

Safe standing doesn't do that and also has ample toilet facilities.I stood at Ibrox from 1977 to 1992 and no one pissed on me. The atmosphere was second to none and developed the Ibrox roar...Plus if you don't want to stand you don't have to..let the people who do, stand.

A think we should bring back pishin in a beer can as well, whit aboot speeeermint chewin gum and the macarrroooon bars to boot ? (tu):sherlock:

Don't forget yer Rolls and Luncheon Meat.

Or they wee square plastic cups o Cola and Orange.

That's what I mean though; couldn't the club say, 'Fuck off, we have our rules for whoever visits the stadium'. SPL guidelines have no weight in law.

then you get kicked out the SPL :dry:

the fact is the hillsbrough disaster will mean that terracing will never return to big game football in Britain, that disaster that day caused a shadow to fall over british football that may never go away

as someone said on page 1 of the thread, the germans have never had a disaster like british football has had, until they do they will think terracing is safe

the fact is the hillsbrough disaster will mean that terracing will never return to big game football in Britain, that disaster that day caused a shadow to fall over british football that may never go away

as someone said on page 1 of the thread, the germans have never had a disaster like british football has had, until they do they will think terracing is safe

Terracing is safe!

Over-crowding on he other hand is not.

It was me that wrote that, but in a Devil's Advocate kind of way. You cannot say that terracing will never return to big game football.