If We Hadn't Been Bought

stewaj3

by Craig Whyte, can you imagine how gloomy it would be on here, all the unrealistic folk would still expect us to have made 5 signings by now! At no point has Craig Whyte come out and said we'd have 5 signing's by 10th of July? I think its clear he's tried to get people in and remains intent on adding to our squad, other than that what more can you ask?

People say that rangers should have kept transfer dealings quiet, but its clear to me that part of Whytes strategy is to keep fans informed and ensure that the club keep fans in the loop. I think the press got a hold of the players we were looking at and from that point on it was impossible to deny our interest, other than that, your not gonna tell me that other clubs weren't looking at Vaughan, Conway, Goodwillie and Hemed, I think its clear we'd have had rivals for those players regardless of what we said.

I like the way the club are handling things, we've got vital players tied to longer deals, we've made a signing and are in the market for more. We have the core of squad together and the spl doesn't start for another few weeks. For all the doubters, yes we need signings but are you honestly going to tell me that the team below arent capable of winning our first few games?

Mcgregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Ortiz, Davis, McCulloch, Wylde, Naismith, Jelavic

Is there any guarantee that any signing's made would alter any negative results that come our way? course not? By the same token we may get a positive result with this team that we might not achieve if we had other players in our side? Yes we need signings to cope with the demands of a rigorous season but this side IS capable of winning games in the spl.

Lets just get a hold of yourselves and give the new owners and new boss the time they deserve to build a side that can challenge for 4iar (Again there's never going to be a guarantee we'll win it no matter how much we spend)

Weir at the back will be worrying this season, even more than last.

No offence to the big man, he's been excellent since he joined but I just wish he'd take it upon himself to step aside and take up a coaching role or something.

Cuellar and Bartley the way forward for me.

Weir at the back will be worrying this season, even more than last.

No offence to the big man, he's been excellent since he joined but I just wish he'd take it upon himself to step aside and take up a coaching role or something.

Cuellar and Bartley the way forward for me.

How many years u been saying that for? I think Davie will know when the times right to step aside, folk will doubt him, they have done over the last few years and he's come back. Weir makes one mistake and people say he should retire, he'll then play the next 5 games with complete ease and we love him again. Yes he can't go on forever, if he's still capable then who are we to rule him out!

However I would like to see Bartley and Cueller at rangers again but we'll see neither are guaranteed to move here

Ive posted on here many many times now, If Craig Whyte had completed his due diligence then packed up his stuff and returned to where he came from where would we be?

By now we would have sold off (on the cheap) one of McGregor, Davis, Boughera, Jelavic, Whittaker etc. We would be looking at serious issues for our club with the decline of the stadium, Murray Park and the business infrastructure.

We would not be talking about the players we were looking to bring in and the quality/quantity of them. We would not have people talking about whether or not we should have replaced the screens and why.

For me Craig Whyte has already saved this club, he has already delivered on his purchase and I do beleive he will continue to do so.

Yes I do wish that things could happen quicker. I long for that signing that we can add further gloom to our friendly tattie munchers. The one that will make our club spark back into the club we all remember. BUT I DONT THINK WE NEED TO QUESTION THE TAKEOVER!

How many years u been saying that for? I think Davie will know when the times right to step aside, folk will doubt him, they have done over the last few years and he's come back. Weir makes one mistake and people say he should retire, he'll then play the next 5 games with complete ease and we love him again. Yes he can't go on forever, if he's still capable then who are we to rule him out!

However I would like to see Bartley and Cueller at rangers again but we'll see neither are guaranteed to move here

40-41.. why not Davie? It's Walter's last year so you are entitled to make it your last as well. Go out on a high; CIS Cup and SPL winners against all the odds, extended run in Europe.

41-42.. maybe it's time. It's my opinion. Air wise he still has it, on the ground I'm not so sure.

I agree with you that if he and the management team feel he can continue then I will be behind their decision, but as I said my opinion at the moment is that he should seek a coaching role at the club, which Ally and the team would more than welcome, or at Everton where there are also opportunities available.

(tu)

40-41.. why not Davie? It's Walter's last year so you are entitled to make it your last as well. Go out on a high; CIS Cup and SPL winners against all the odds, extended run in Europe.

41-42.. maybe it's time. It's my opinion. Air wise he still has it, on the ground I'm not so sure.

I agree with you that if he and the management team feel he can continue then I will be behind their decision, but as I said my opinion at the moment is that he should seek a coaching role at the club, which Ally and the team would more than welcome, or at Everton where there are also opportunities available.

(tu)

I know why you are saying that the guys 41, its the obvious judgement to make, but I tell you what I've seen Karl Svensson, Jose-Karl Pierre Fanfan, Sotrios Kygriakos, Julien Rodriguez and more... and in my opinion Weir right now is still more able to play centre back than they ever were for us... heck even Lorenzo Amoruso (loved by so many on here, made far far more mistakes than Weir has in there respective rangers careers)

Even if people think having a 41 year old in our defence is laughable there have been worse 25 year olds playing in our defence! Another thought, is it any coincidence that any defender whos played alongside Weir has done well? (At Everton and Rangers anyway) Even Karl Svensson improved a little when he played alongside Weir. Lets just appreciate him for however long he's capable of playing for because once he goes I don't doubt for a second we'll miss him.

I do agree that I'd like to see him bow out at the top and last season would have been an ideal time to do that. The longer he keeps going the chances of ending on a high decrease with every month and year he keeps playing!