Blooding The Youth

trueblueal

Would you accept it if Ally dropped the cloggers (you all know who they are) from the squad and put his faith in our youths for better or worse. If it meant a few fuck ups along the way would it be for the greater good to bed in 4 or 5 young men such as Fleck, Wylde, Perry, Ness, McMillan all at once? For the rest of the season we could encourage a style of football that was played on the ground and with more vibrancy than the current offering which would only work with us behind the youngsters and Ally resisting the temptation to revert to the tried and trusted. A risk worth taking for the long term?

It's a big risk.

I would love to see the young guns getting a consistent shot and replacing the dross we have the now but as soon as we lose one game we would have the "indecisive, never fucking happy, i listen to the mhedia to much" crowd pounce on Ally and say we should have been using our experince over youth.

Thats the sad and honest truth.

youth should have been blooded years ago, instead we ended up with expensive and shitty flops and it pretty much set the tone for a number of years later, managers who don't have faith in the youth set up and the scrapping of the reserve league pretty muched killed off that hope.

giving them a few mins here and there is not going to us or the players in question a world of good, they need at least 15 mins or so to do anything, under walter it was always the same players, it was daily, mcculoch, lafferty or novo from the bench, not fleck, shinnie, the wee guy fae chelsea or any others.

Would you accept it if Ally dropped the cloggers (you all know who they are) from the squad and put his faith in our youths for better or worse. If it meant a few fuck ups along the way would it be for the greater good to bed in 4 or 5 young men such as Fleck, Wylde, Perry, Ness, McMillan all at once? For the rest of the season we could encourage a style of football that was played on the ground and with more vibrancy than the current offering which would only work with us behind the youngsters and Ally resisting the temptation to revert to the tried and trusted. A risk worth taking for the long term?

I said to my mate last night that I wouldn't have been so disappointed at going out to Malmo or Maribor had we sent out a team that could actually perform the basics. I'd much rather see McMillan, Perry, Cole, Wylde, etc. making the odd mistake, as youngsters do, than seasoned Pros like Broadfoot, Edu, Whittaker, Bougherra, and dare I say it, Davis and Jelavic failing to turn up against inferior opposition.

Sorry mate, i stopped reading there as i know for a fact that wont happen.

Early in the season but its obvious we are never going to buy or way out of this mire, but I would hope if the likes of Wylde, Perry, Ness, McMillan were show constant progress in the team it would be better than ploughing the same furrow with the same old players who are taking us no where. This weekend should show is Ally`s got the balls for it

Early in the season but its obvious we are never going to buy or way out of this mire, but I would hope if the likes of Wylde, Perry, Ness, McMillan were show constant progress in the team it would be better than ploughing the same furrow with the same old players who are taking us no where. This weekend should show is Ally`s got the balls for it

And nor do we need to buy our way out of it, we have some excellent footballers to choose from, what we need is a coach, a real coach with brains and bottle to play football the right way.

And nor do we need to buy our way out of it, we have some excellent footballers to choose from, what we need is a coach, a real coach with brains and bottle to play football the right way.

Totally agree with you but not holding my breath.